Borobudur Hotel Tips by b_c_k
Borobudur Hotels: 719 reviews and 34 photos
The service was extremely good.
Facilities - ok. We really enjoyed the short video on Borobudur. That really helped us to understand more abt the whole temple when we were really there. It helped that we watched it before visiting the temple. Made the visit all the more meaningful.
The hotel is really IN the park, although to go into the temple grounds, there's another gate. But it's just a couple of minutes walk to the ancient historical building. The restaurant faces the temple and the view as we ate was just magnificent especially in the morning, right after the sunrise.
Unique Qualities: There's a hill on the western side of the temple which we hiked up to. The view of the Borobudur temple is just magnificent from there. Just go out through the western gate, walk towards one of the museums - I forgot the name - because this one you have to pay extra to go in. and you can't miss the steps up to the hill. It's a very short hike. When you reach the top, the view and the breeze are just too nice to miss. Bring some snacks - enjoy the view!
Address: Borobudur Park
Comparison: about average
Directions: Borobudur, Magelang, Indonesia
More Reviews (8)
- White water rafting
- Souvenir shopping
- See All Becak or Horse carts
b_c_k's Related Pages
Borobudur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Under Contruction - Raffles' Other Discovery"
- "Borobudur, lost in time"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- "Central Java - Borobudur"
- "Magical Borobudur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borobudur
- Hotels in Borobudur
- Transportation in Borobudur
- Nightlife in Borobudur
- Restaurants in Borobudur
- Shopping in Borobudur
- Warnings and Dangers in Borobudur
- See All...
Explore the World
- Best Western Chateauneuf Laval
- Watertown Hotel
- Art Hotel - Hotel De Charme
- Quality Resort Sorrento Beach
- Legend Water Chalets at Port Dickson
- Regency Hotel
- Melia Azul Ixtapa
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk
- Strawberry Hill - All Inclusive
- Median Paris St Lazare Hotel
- Pacific Park Hotel Christchurch
- Econo Lodge Ocean View Beach East
Badges & Stats in Borobudur
- 9 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Borobudur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borobudur
- Posted in Travel State of Sarawak Forum "Re: Trip to Mulu National Park"
- Wrote a Review White water rafting in Borobudur Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bukit Dagi (Dagi Hill): Sight not to be missed"
- Commented on one of vuzu's Borobudur travel pages
- created a Borobudur Travel Page "Cool, serene, solemn, very relaxing and inspiring"
Read real reviews about Borobudur Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Borobudur Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Kulim Intro, 10 reviews
- Pulau Redang Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Taman Negara Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Phuket Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 3 reviews
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 3 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Yogyakarta 2 reviews
No friends yet.