"Castle and old plates" Ancy-le-Franc by mariev
Ancy-le-Franc Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos
Wirth its 1100 inhabitants, Ancy le Franc, built along the Armançon and crossed by the canal de Bourgogne could be like any big village in Burgundy.
Except for its historical sites :
The main (and best known) one is the renaissance castle but there is also a ceramics' museum (in the 18th century's factory house), a restored 19th century washouse, a church with parts from the 12th century and even some prehistorical remnants between Cusy and Ancy).
There is also a museum for cars ard horse carriages in the castles' commons.
Ancy le Franc may be small but it is a touristic destination, and as such it has a tourism office : Office du... more travel advice
Abundant clay, forests, and the relative proximity of Nevers (great faience center since the XVIth century), decided... more travel advice
mariev's Related Pages
Ancy-le-Franc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castle and old plates"
- "Stop for the Chateau"
- "ancy le franc"
- "Ancy le Franc - Boat Stop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ancy-le-Franc
- Hotels in Ancy-le-Franc
- Transportation in Ancy-le-Franc
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ancy-le-Franc
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ancy-le-Franc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ancy-le-Franc
Photos in Ancy-le-FrancSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Île de la Cité Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Noyers Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ancy-le-Franc Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Issy-les-Moulineaux Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue