"LA BERARDE - population : 1" La Bérarde by mariev
La Bérarde Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Even with only ONE (permanent) inhabitant La Berarde is well known among french (and other) mountaineers.
Here lies one of the biggest parking lots for those who want to hitchhike or attempt some summit in the Parc National des Ecrins (if you want to come this side, you'll have to park here as the road ends in La Berarde).
More seriously, La Berarde is the last spot of "civilization" (in terms of urbanisation) before entering the PARC NATIONAL DES ECRINS. The landscapes surroundind this hamlet are absolutely fabulous.
There are - in summer only -:
- A climbing/mountaineering center hosted by the UCPA
- A climbing/hitchiking center hosted by the Club Alpin Français (CAF)
- A rescue center (depending from the gendarmerie of Briancon)
all those tree are located in the same two storey building.
- A cafe
- A bureau des guides/ bureau du tourisme (a small cabin open 3 hours twice a week, but you call reach them by telephone in Saint Christophe en OIsans)
REMI THE INHABITANT (the only one that stays over winter and to whom the gendarmes bring food by helicopter once the road is closed due to weather condition (november to april generally))
- In a nutshell:Isolated
mariev's Related Pages
La Bérarde Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Bérarde
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to La Bérarde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Bérarde
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Île de la Cité Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Noyers Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ancy-le-Franc Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Issy-les-Moulineaux Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue