Strasbourg Local Custom Tips by mariev
Strasbourg Local Customs: 49 reviews and 67 photos
Easy to prepare, this is THE alsacian end of summer in the countyside's dessert (and it makes so pretty blue teeth)
Bilberries (bluish black European blueberry) tart with custard
Sanded paste :
250 grams flour, 125 grams butter, 1 pinch of salt, 1 egg yolk, 40 grams sugar, 1 half glass of water.
500 grams of washed and sorted fresh bilberries.
2 eggs, 15 centilitres fresh cream, cinnamon powder (or vanilla sweetens according to tastes), some bread crumbs or biscuit remainders.
Butter and flour a tart plate.
Make a pie crust pastry with the indicated ingredients.
Put the pastry in the tart plate as to form the crust and pick the bottom with a fork.
Crush the biscuit remainders and powder the tart bottom with it (or with the bread crumbs).
Fill with bilberries.
Put it in the (preheated)oven.
Cook 20 minutes (hot furnace).
Beat the eggs, sugar, the cream and vanilla (or cinnamon) yo obtain the custard.
Open the oven and pour the custard on the tart.
Put it back in the oven for 15 minutes.
Let it cool and serve powdered with sugar freezes.
More Reviews (23)
- Fine cooking near the Cathedral
- See All Discover local customs : Musee Alsacien
- See All A passion for Theater: the TNS
mariev's Related Pages
Strasbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marchés de Noël in Strasbourg"
- "Former Free Imperial City"
- "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- "weekend in Strasbourg"
- "The Best of Both Worlds"
- "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- "First stop Strasbourg......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasbourg
- Hotels in Strasbourg
- Transportation in Strasbourg
- Nightlife in Strasbourg
- Restaurants in Strasbourg
- Shopping in Strasbourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasbourg
- 24 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Strasbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasbourg
- updated a Strasbourg Travel Page "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Mission: a nice letter as a..."
- Wrote a Review Fine cooking near the Cathedral in Strasbourg Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Strasbourg's symbol : the Cathedral"
- Commented on one of fabrice's Strasbourg travel pages
Photos in StrasbourgSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Île de la Cité Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Noyers Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ancy-le-Franc Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Issy-les-Moulineaux Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Notre-Dame Cathedral- 131 Reviews, 380 Photos
- Les Ponts Couverts- 19 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Place Gutenberg- 13 Reviews, 31 Photos
- The European Parliament- 13 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Église Saint Pierre le Vieux- 14 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Barrage Vauban- 12 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Palais des Rohan- Museums- 11 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Musee de l'Oeuvre Notre-Dame- 19 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Pont Saint Martin- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Church of Saint Paul- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Strasbourg Things to Do