"Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe" Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg by mariev

Strasbourg Travel Guide: 903 reviews and 2,685 photos

Strasbourg holds a special place in my heart : I have a common point with the European Community : we where both born there (even if i'm " technically" born in Ougadougou - i arrived in Strasbourg aged 3 weeks and grew up there - my family lives in the area).

Whenever i can, i come back there, to my roots.

While travelling has broadened my horizons, comming "home" always makes me appreciate how much the world is made richer by all our differences.

Strasbourg is a paradigm of multiculturalism : French / German,
Gothic / Roman, Alsacian / European... the city is all that at the same time.

The city's name comes from the Gallo-Roman Era : Strate Burgum : the town of the roads; and if all roads lead to Rome, many cross in Strasbourg.

• In a nutshell:Europe in a nutshell
  • Last visit to Strasbourg: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2008

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2014 at 4:27 AM

Great tips

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Very beautiful city indeed!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Thanks for the useful tips

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Heureux que vous ayez aimé le MRBA à Bruxelles. Tous les 2 ans nous visitons l'Alsace, villes romantiques, gens agréables, bon vin, bonne nourriture!

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 12:40 PM

good pages; my only visit was in 1970 so it brought back memories

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Been to strasbourg twice but never bee to your "off-beaten path"places, I wish to visit some of these places next time.

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 3:37 AM

What a great page on Strasbourg, I just love that city, and your photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Wade

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2007 at 4:24 AM

Your Tips are excellent - better than a Guide Book! We were almost there - in Selestat - but ran out of time. Would like to go back to see your town.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 10:42 AM

great tips Marie!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 8:17 PM

Hi Marie, I've never been to Strasbourg, but it looks very beautiful. some great photography as well. My compliments to your Dad on the "La cathedrale vue de l'Ill -photo" - great colours. fergy.

mariev Visits Here Frequently!

mariev

“who needs a motto ? just go !”

Badges & Stats in Strasbourg

Have you been to Strasbourg?