"Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe" Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg by mariev
Strasbourg Travel Guide: 960 reviews and 2,895 photos
Strasbourg holds a special place in my heart : I have a common point with the European Community : we where both born there (even if i'm " technically" born in Ougadougou - i arrived in Strasbourg aged 3 weeks and grew up there - my family lives in the area).
Whenever i can, i come back there, to my roots.
While travelling has broadened my horizons, comming "home" always makes me appreciate how much the world is made richer by all our differences.
Strasbourg is a paradigm of multiculturalism : French / German,
Gothic / Roman, Alsacian / European... the city is all that at the same time.
The city's name comes from the Gallo-Roman Era : Strate Burgum : the town of the roads; and if all roads lead to Rome, many cross in Strasbourg.
- In a nutshell:Europe in a nutshell
A very nice mid sized museum featuring daily life’s items from the 18th and 19th centuries : furnitures, costumes,... more travel advice
Strasbourg is a prime spot in France for classical music and opera, music helds an important part in the city life (kids... more travel advice
Written Feb 20, 2005
The Cathedrale Notre Dame
Written Mar 12, 2005
Saint Thomas - some more pics
mariev's Related Pages
Strasbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marchés de Noël in Strasbourg"
- "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- "weekend in Strasbourg"
- "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- "The Best of Both Worlds"
- "First stop Strasbourg......"
- "European town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasbourg
- Hotels in Strasbourg
- Transportation in Strasbourg
- Nightlife in Strasbourg
- Restaurants in Strasbourg
- Shopping in Strasbourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasbourg
- 24 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Strasbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasbourg
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Mission: a nice letter as a..."
- updated a Strasbourg Travel Page "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- Wrote a Review Fine cooking near the Cathedral in Strasbourg Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Strasbourg's symbol : the Cathedral"
- Commented on one of fabrice's Strasbourg travel pages
Photos in StrasbourgSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Île de la Cité Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Noyers Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ancy-le-Franc Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Issy-les-Moulineaux Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue