"Wadi Rum" Top 5 Page for this destination Wadi Rum by morgr
Wadi Rum Travel Guide: 240 reviews and 562 photos
The only reason to visit Wadi Rum is to venture into the desert. Be it on foot, on a camel or in a jeep, it will not disappoint.
I chose the camel option, and though by the end it felt like I had spent too much time in an American prison, it was well worth it.
Upon arrival in Wadi Rum (mini bus from Wadi Musa) we were dropped off at the visitors centre. Apparently there have been changes here in the last year or so, you can no longer get dropped off in Rum. You must buy a ticket that allows you to proceed beyond this point. From here you must also book your choice of excusion into the desert, after wich you will either depart direct from here or be taken to Rum to depart from there, depending on what you chose. We chose one starting and ending in Rum, so as to at least see the village.
- Pros:Riding a camel in the desert. Nothing like it.
- Cons:Tourism has seriously jaded the people here.
- In a nutshell:A little pricey, but well worth it.
What better way to get out and see the desert? It's slow, uncomfortable, and the camels smell awful, but it's the way... more travel advice
Our second stop was at the mouth of a canyon carving into the huge rock outcrop known as Jebel Khazali. From what I... more travel advice
morgr's Related Pages
Wadi Rum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wadi Rum is beautiful!"
- "Wadi Rum - the Red Desert."
- "Wadi Rum: the fantastic Jordan desert"
- "Wadi Rum"
- "Magical Wadi Rum"
- "Wadi Rum"
- "Our First Desert Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wadi Rum
- Hotels in Wadi Rum
- Transportation in Wadi Rum
- Nightlife in Wadi Rum
- Restaurants in Wadi Rum
- Shopping in Wadi Rum
- Warnings and Dangers in Wadi Rum
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bay Saint Louis
- Tin Shui Wai
- State of Tamil Nadu
- Voorbaai Hotels
- Braddock Bay State Park Hotels
- Pulau Karimun Besar
- Silver Lake State Park Hotels
- Lucban Hotels
- United Kingdom
- Culion Island Hotels
- Myrtle Beach
- Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area Hotels
Badges & Stats in Wadi Rum
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Wadi Rum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wadi Rum
Photos in Wadi RumSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Bogotá Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Syria Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Manizales Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Colombia Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Agustín Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Popayán Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Armenia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salento Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Latest Wadi Rum hotel reviews
- Captain's Desert Camp
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013