"Anadolu Kavagi" Anadolukavagi by morgr
Anadolukavagi Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 41 photos
Anadolu Kavagi is another of many possible daytrips from Istanbul, and one well worth it. The small village is easily reached by jumping aboard the Bosphorus ferry departing from Eminonu ferry terminal #3 several times daily (but go early). Zig-zaging it's way up the Bosphorus, calling at several villages on both the European and Asian sides along the way, Anadolu Kavagi is the boats last stop. As well, it is the last village on the Asian side before the Bosphorus opens up to the Black Sea.
Traditionally, Anadolu Kavagi has been a small fishing village, of late it remains so, but has also grown to accomodate eager day-trippers from Istanbul.
The boat drops you off by a square in the centre, around wich are crowded several seafood reastaurants / eateries as well as a few touristy postcard and fridge magnet type shops. Outside of this small centre is only residential areas, some with nice architecture, but mostly of no interest.
A walk up to the castle is a must. You can't come all this way and not climb the hill. I don't remember seeing any taxis in the village though, so I think walking up is the only option.
- Pros:Easy to get to. Quiet.
- Cons:As with Istanbul, stray cats are everywhere.
- In a nutshell:Nice quiet little fishing village.
The Bosphoros ferry runs several times daily from the ferry terminal #3 in Eminonu. The boat criss crosses its way up... more travel advice
When you disembark, and after you have seen the town a little, continue strait on through town and up the hill behind... more travel advice
morgr's Related Pages
Anadolukavagi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Anadolu Kavagi - Near the black sea"
- "A nice daytrip from Istanbul"
- "Anadolu Kavagi"
- "Anadolu Kavağı"
- "Anadolu Kavagi for an afternoon"
- "A small village on the Asian side"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anadolukavagi
- Transportation in Anadolukavagi
- Restaurants in Anadolukavagi
- Warnings and Dangers in Anadolukavagi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Anadolukavagi
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Anadolukavagi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anadolukavagi
Top 10 Pages
- Bogotá Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Syria Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Manizales Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Colombia Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Agustín Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Popayán Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Armenia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salento Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos