"Serjilla" Khirbat Serjilla by morgr
Khirbat Serjilla Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 135 photos
Of the dead cities that I visited, Serjilla was easlily the most memorable. Situated on the eastern slopes of Ariha Mountain (more like a hill really), Serjilla is a Bynzantine settlement dating back almost 2000 years.
Unlike the other dead cities I visited, Serjilla truly resembles a 'city'. Stand back and look at it and you see it, complete with houses, baths, tombs and a chuch. A true settlement (the other cities I visited were more just random scattered ruins).
- In a nutshell:Fascinating
I found it really amazing that an arch could have survived such a long time and not have colapsed. And not just one... more travel advice
Much to my surprise, I discovered that Serjilla is home not only to some spectacular ruins, but also to some (not so... more travel advice
morgr's Related Pages
Khirbat Serjilla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dead City of Serjilla"
- "A Dead City Called Serjilla..."
- "DEAD CITIES"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Khirbat Serjilla
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Khirbat Serjilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khirbat Serjilla
Photos in Khirbat SerjillaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Bogotá Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Syria Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Manizales Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Colombia Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Agustín Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Popayán Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Armenia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salento Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos