"Port Antonio" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Antonio by morgr
Port Antonio Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 69 photos
An excellent retreat from the crowds and noise in the capital city, Port Antonio is a fairly laid back town as yet relatively untouched by tourism. Though there is not a whole lot to do within the town itself, it is within easy distance of several beaches to the east including, San San, Dragon bay and, my favorite, Winnifred beach. Though there is much more to the place than just beaches, you could scuba dive at Blue Lagoon, raft down the Rio Grande or hike in the nearby mountains to name a few other options.
Though the place is not yet overun with the hordes of tourists that Negril, Montego Bay or Ocho Rios see, this may be near in the future. With the redesign of Port Antonio's waterfront came a place to park yaghts, and smaller cruise ships. For the time being there are no all inclusive resorts (that I know of), so perhaps now is an excellent time to go check it out before it is spoiled by mass tourism. While you are still free to wander the streets without being constantly hassled and before everyone suddenly has relatives or friends in Vancouver (or wherever you may be from).
- Pros:Quiet, hassle-free and few tourists.
- Cons:This may be about to change.
- In a nutshell:Jamaica's best kept secret...for now.
The mountains around Port Antonio not only provide for a spectacular backdrop to the city, but they make a great place... more travel advice
One hundred years ago (give or take) Titchfeild peninsula used to be an exclusive gated community for the wealthy. These... more travel advice
morgr's Related Pages
Port Antonio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PORT ANTONIO"
- "Port Antonio"
- "Rasta_Rob's Port Antonio Page"
- "port antonio big secret of jamaica"
- "caprice4u's new Port Antonio Page"
- "Port Antonio, where tourism started"
- "Port Antonio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Antonio
- Hotels in Port Antonio
- Transportation in Port Antonio
- Nightlife in Port Antonio
- Restaurants in Port Antonio
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Antonio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Antonio
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Port Antonio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Antonio
Photos in Port AntonioSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Bogotá Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Syria Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Manizales Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Colombia Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Agustín Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Popayán Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Armenia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salento Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos