"Juliaca" Juliaca by morgr

Juliaca Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos

I spent only a few hours in Juliaca, and can't imagine why someone would want to spend any more. It's not a particularily good looking town and there is, from what I could tell, not really anything to do here.

My only reason for visiting Juliaca was to catch the train to Cusco. That morning in Puno we had gone to the train station to catch the train to Cusco, only to be informed that on this morning the train was leaving from Juliaca and not Puno due to problems with the track between Puno and Juliaca. We were informed that we could buy the ticket in Juliaca and that the train was leaving at 9:00am so to be there 1 hr early. We took a colectivo to Juliaca and arrived around 7:30am. When the train station opened at 8:00am we were told that we had to have purchased the tickets in Puno, and we couldn't get them here. After much debating with the folks at the train station and several phone calls to Puno, the answer was still 'no tickets'. We ended up taking the bus to Cusco from Juliaca, it was faster but much less scenic from what I hear (wich is the reason we tryed for the train.)

• Last visit to Juliaca: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2005

Comments

Badges & Stats in Juliaca

Have you been to Juliaca?

Latest Activity in Juliaca