"Cali" Cali by morgr
Cali Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 477 photos
Cali is the third city in Colombia, in terms of size, after Bogota and Medellin, at a little over 2 million inhabitants. The city was founded on July 25th, 1536 by Sebastián de Belalcázar. Today the city is divided into two parts by the Rio Cali. To the north is the modern city with its main street of Av Sexta (Av 6N), along which can be found many restaurants and cafes. To the south of the river is the historic centre of town which is centred on Plaza de Caycedo.
Cali has been nicknamed the 'silicon valley of Colombia'...and it has nothing to do with computers. They claim that Cali is home to the most beautiful women in the whole of Latin America, a claim I can neither support nor refute, as the women from all parts of Colombia are beautiful. It can certainly be said, however, that the people of Cali, due to the citys year round heat, wear less (IE more revealing) clothing, than in other parts of the country.
The historical centre is centred around the Plaza de Caycedo and runs south to Calle 1 and the Iglesia de San Antonio.... more travel advice
This park stradles the river that separates the city. It has grassy areas by the river under the shade of trees, making... more travel advice
morgr's Related Pages
Cali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colorful Cali: Who's Watching Who?"
- "Cali -- Why are people so afraid?"
- "A short visit to Cali"
- "The Queen City of Colombia"
- "My Cali trip."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cali
- Hotels in Cali
- Transportation in Cali
- Nightlife in Cali
- Restaurants in Cali
- Shopping in Cali
- Warnings and Dangers in Cali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cali
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Cali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cali
Photos in CaliSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Bogotá Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Syria Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Manizales Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Colombia Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Agustín Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Popayán Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Armenia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salento Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos