"Manizales" Manizales by morgr
Manizales Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 139 photos
Manizales can be a fun city, during the Feria we had a great time, but I got the impression that outside of this it would be a rather dull place. It has some interesting architechture and artwork in the Catedral de Manizales and the Bolivar-Condor monument, but lacks any other real 'attractions' within the city. There is a gold museum (carrera 23 # 23-6), however having come from Bogota and seeing that one, I decided to pass on Manizales gold museum. The night life is rather glum as well, this despite the fact that I read Manizales has the most universities per capita of any city in Colombia...or perhaps because everyone was drinking in the streets due to the Feria?
Despite my opinion on the city, I think it's still worth stopping here for a few days, at least to check it out, particularily if you can make it during the annual Feria de Manizales. Anyways, the real reason to stop in Manizales is not the city itself, but what lies outside the city, the Parque Nacional Los Nevados. It would be worth taking a trip to the park, you can visit Nevado del Ruiz, the tallest volcanoe in the park and take a bath in the natural hot springs.
About 2hrs north of Manizales, along a very winding road, is a little village, perched atop a hill overlooking the... more travel advice
A highlight of the Feria held every year, is the annual International Reina De Cafe Beauty Pageant (Miss Coffee Beauty... more travel advice
morgr's Related Pages
Manizales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manizales and Los Nevados National Park"
- "beautiful mountain town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manizales
- Hotels in Manizales
- Transportation in Manizales
- Nightlife in Manizales
- Restaurants in Manizales
- Shopping in Manizales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manizales
- 10 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Manizales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manizales
Photos in ManizalesSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Bogotá Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Syria Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Manizales Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Colombia Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Agustín Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Popayán Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Armenia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salento Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos