"Abbottabad - The Alpine Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad by fashionapple

Abbottabad Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 75 photos

Still very British !!!

~* TOWN ABBOTTABAD *~

(By: Major JAMES ABBOTT)
(1st Deputy Commissioner, Hazara)

I remember the day I first came here,
And smelt the sweet Abbottabad air.
The trees and the ground covered with snow,
Gave us indeed a brilliant show. 4

To me the place seemed like a dream,
And far ran a lonesome stream.
The wind hissed as if welcoming us.
The pines swayed creating a lot of fuss. 8

And the tiny cuckoo sang it away,
A song very melodious and gay.
I adored the place from the first sight,
And was happy that my coming here was right. 12

And eight good years here passed very soon,
And we leave you perhaps on a sunny noon.
Oh Abbottabad! We are leaving you now,
To your natural beauty do I bow. 16

Perhaps your winds sound will never reach my ear,
My gift for you is few sad tears.
I bid you farewell with a heavy heart,
Never from my mind will your memories thaw. 20

Welcome to travelpage of my native town Abbottabad which is a small neat and clean town in a spacious valley surrounded by lush green hills. It is a popular summer resort of lower himaliyan region with height of 1,220 meters.

Abbottabad is well known for its verdant parks, gardens, golf course, pine covered hills, famous educational institutions and Military Academy. It also serves as the gateway to most beautiful places in Pakistan. Its located in North West Frontier Province just two hours drive and 116 Km from Rawalpindi / Islamabad.

The mighty mountain ranges of the Karakorams, the Himalayas and the Hindukush could be reached through Abbottabad, the gateway to Silk Route. Northern areas of Pakistan and Kashmir are also connected with rest of country through Abbottabad.

Polo, Soccer, Golf and Hockey are the most popular games played in the Abbottabad valley . The Cantonment area of Abbottabad is still very British. The European bungalows, the club, the church and cemetery are still there. Abbottabad is an hour's drive from Nathiagali, the summer capital of the North West Frontier Province.

Famous tourist resorts of lower Himaliyas such as Nathiagali, Ayubia, Thandiyani and Murree are located very close to Abbottabad.

Weather in Abbottabad during summers remains very pleasant. Many tourists come here for holidays from all over the country. In winters weather remain very cold with light snowfall from time to time. In winters all the mountains of valley are covered with snow and look beautiful.

If you want to spend your holidays in a pleasant, peaceful and lush green British style destination then Abbottabad is the right choice.

• Pros:Green, beautiful & peaceful
  • Cons:Ecological destruction & rapid deforestation
  • In a nutshell:Simply the beautiful...
  • Last visit to Abbottabad: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2006

• Apr 1, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Hiya fashion apple .. sum nice pics buddy and sum lovely comments about my city Abbottabad .. I really loved the pics ... i m in uk at the moment and u really made up my day with these pics :) cheers mate ...

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 3:54 AM

Great info, Moi! =)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2005 at 6:19 PM

Moi, what enjoyable and educational pages! Your photographs are stunning, and your descriptions are enticing. Thanks for such an informative, interesting pages. Come visit my new pages.

• ifam's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 7:11 AM

heyyy....i was in Abbottabad and Mansera..and i never thought there are so many interesting places that i could hv visited..grrrrrrrr......i must come back one day again then huhhhhhhh..great pics and locations...well done dear

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2005 at 1:48 AM

Thats a great pic looking back from Shimla! Happy travels, Blu

• PTSD's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 1:07 AM

I would surely like to have a look around the cantonement area .that is . If i'd be allowed in ..hehehe.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 12:24 PM

The views from the Shimla hills are beautiful, looks like a lovely area. Nice page (~_~)

• guell's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 1:13 PM

A very interesting name for an equally as interesting looking place.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 12:54 PM

Looks very neat and nice! The architecture is amazing!

Badges & Stats in Abbottabad

Have you been to Abbottabad?

Latest Activity in Abbottabad