"Abbottabad - The Alpine Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad by fashionapple
Abbottabad Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 75 photos
~* TOWN ABBOTTABAD *~
(By: Major JAMES ABBOTT)
(1st Deputy Commissioner, Hazara)
I remember the day I first came here,
And smelt the sweet Abbottabad air.
The trees and the ground covered with snow,
Gave us indeed a brilliant show. 4
To me the place seemed like a dream,
And far ran a lonesome stream.
The wind hissed as if welcoming us.
The pines swayed creating a lot of fuss. 8
And the tiny cuckoo sang it away,
A song very melodious and gay.
I adored the place from the first sight,
And was happy that my coming here was right. 12
And eight good years here passed very soon,
And we leave you perhaps on a sunny noon.
Oh Abbottabad! We are leaving you now,
To your natural beauty do I bow. 16
Perhaps your winds sound will never reach my ear,
My gift for you is few sad tears.
I bid you farewell with a heavy heart,
Never from my mind will your memories thaw. 20
Welcome to travelpage of my native town Abbottabad which is a small neat and clean town in a spacious valley surrounded by lush green hills. It is a popular summer resort of lower himaliyan region with height of 1,220 meters.
Abbottabad is well known for its verdant parks, gardens, golf course, pine covered hills, famous educational institutions and Military Academy. It also serves as the gateway to most beautiful places in Pakistan. Its located in North West Frontier Province just two hours drive and 116 Km from Rawalpindi / Islamabad.
The mighty mountain ranges of the Karakorams, the Himalayas and the Hindukush could be reached through Abbottabad, the gateway to Silk Route. Northern areas of Pakistan and Kashmir are also connected with rest of country through Abbottabad.
Polo, Soccer, Golf and Hockey are the most popular games played in the Abbottabad valley . The Cantonment area of Abbottabad is still very British. The European bungalows, the club, the church and cemetery are still there. Abbottabad is an hour's drive from Nathiagali, the summer capital of the North West Frontier Province.
Famous tourist resorts of lower Himaliyas such as Nathiagali, Ayubia, Thandiyani and Murree are located very close to Abbottabad.
Weather in Abbottabad during summers remains very pleasant. Many tourists come here for holidays from all over the country. In winters weather remain very cold with light snowfall from time to time. In winters all the mountains of valley are covered with snow and look beautiful.
If you want to spend your holidays in a pleasant, peaceful and lush green British style destination then Abbottabad is the right choice.
- Pros:Green, beautiful & peaceful
- Cons:Ecological destruction & rapid deforestation
- In a nutshell:Simply the beautiful...
In winters mountains of Abbottabad valley get a white cover of snowfall. During the heavy spells snow all fall in town... more travel advice
You can visit Jalal Baba auditorium in afternoons where many cultural and social activities take place. Kids can also... more travel advice
fashionapple's Related Pages
Abbottabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Abbottabad - The Alpine Paradise"
- "Abbottabd page 12354678!@#$%^&*()&^%$@#! "
- "Abbottabad's City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abbottabad
- Hotels in Abbottabad
- Transportation in Abbottabad
- Nightlife in Abbottabad
- Restaurants in Abbottabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abbottabad
- 16 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Abbottabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abbottabad
Photos in AbbottabadSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 40 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 40 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 38 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giravaru Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Liechtenstein Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 3 photos