Naran Sports & Outdoors Tips by fashionapple Top 5 Page for this destination
Naran Sports & Outdoors: 11 reviews and 14 photos
Kaghan valley offers great hiking, trekking n camping opportunities. One can hike n trekk at various places such as to Lake Saiful Maluk, Lake Lulupatsar, Lake Dudipatsar, Sri Paya, Ansu Lake, Sharan, Makra, Musa Da Musala etc.
Trekking in Anso and Dudipatsar lake are is recommended only for expert hikers. You would also need to camp for one night if you want to enjoy in these far off lakes. One may also opt for a track from lalazar to Saiful-Maluk lake which involves camping for one night but its views are amaizing. Markhor, a rare animal could also be seen on the way. Ask locals at Lalazar for more detail about this track.
Equipment: (1) Back packs
(2) Hiking Sticks
(3) Sleeping bags
(4) Water proof tents
(5) Hiking shoes
(6) Water bottles
(7) First aid box
(8) All other necessary equipment
Horse Riding in Naran
You can enjoy horse riding in and around Naran. Many locals with their horses could be found in Lalazar, Shogran and main Naran bazar for ride.
Equipment: No special eqipment is required as such but if you have high ankle boots then they would be helpful.
Directions: Lalazar, Shogran and Main Naran bazar
Rainbow trout fish
Most popular sports of 155 km long Kaghan Valley is fishing. This area is most popular for its rainbow and brown trout fish considered to be the best in South Asia. The ideal area for trout fishing is between Kaghan and Basel. You can also enjoy fishing at lake Saiful Maluk, Lake Lulusar and Lake Dudipatsar. PTDC Motel Naran on the bank of river Khunhar also offers fishing oppurtunity.
Equipment: For fishing first you need to get fishing license by paying reasonable amount to Fisheries department at Naran. You can also get fishing permit from PTDC motel Naran and hire fishing rods on rent from main bazar.
Directions: On bank of River Kunhar.
Theme: Fishing Trips
More Reviews (32)
- See All Waterfalls
- See All Non-Alchoholic wine and ...
- See All Bring all necessary medicines
- List of MUST items for Kaghan Valley
- Namdas and Carved Walnut handicrafts
- PTDC Luxury Bus Service
- See All "Ansoo lake" and "Sat Sri Mala"
- See All Delicious food at Erum Hotel, Naran
- Do not shake hand with women
- Be aware of rent-a-jeep brokers...
- See All Royal Hotel, Naran
Been to Naran?Share your travels with the world!
fashionapple's Related Pages
Naran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Unforgettable Vacation In Kaghan (Kagan) Valley"
- "The valley of lovely lakes and amaizing landscapes"
- "Kaghan Valley"
- "The Paradise on earth"
- "A FAIRY TALE PLACE IN PAKISTAN.."
- "Welcome to my Naran page. Have a nice stay!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naran
- Hotels in Naran
- Transportation in Naran
- Nightlife in Naran
- Restaurants in Naran
- Shopping in Naran
- Warnings and Dangers in Naran
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Naran
- 35 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Naran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naran
Photos in NaranSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 40 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 40 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 38 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giravaru Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Liechtenstein Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 3 photos