"The valley of lovely lakes and amaizing landscapes" Top 5 Page for this destination Naran by fashionapple
Naran Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 284 photos
This page is dedicated to those 76,000 people who lost their lives and 3.3 million who lost their homes in October 8, 2005 earthquake measuring 7.6. Balakot, Shogran, Kaghan and Naran were among the most effected areas. The scenes captured by me in 2003 might not exist any more now due to this natural disaster but memories would remain there forever!
A Visit to Kaghan Valley will leave you enchanted by the spectacular beauty of its mountains, glaciers and lush greenery. Kaghan Valley includes Naran, Kaghan, Shogran and its surrounding areas. The way to Kaghan valley starts with two hour drive to Abbottabad. At Abbottabad you can refresh yourself with a cup of tea before driving to Mansehra, Balakot and onwards to Kawai. Kawai onwards is a steep climb to the Shogran plateau which offers a splended view of a fabulous array of mountains, amid pine trees and lush green meadows.
Most of the tourists especially come to visit lake Saiful Maluk lying 10,600 feet above sea level with its natural tranquillity in the foot hills of Himalayas. Saiful Maluk is one of the most beautiful lakes of the world. To sit beside the lake is to be in the fairy world. Camping at Saiful Maluk is an experience of life time.
You can find nice and comfortable hotel accomodation at Shogran and after a day's rest consider moving on to Sri Paya. But be prepared for the extra bumpy ride. You can also plan a hiking trip to Sri Paya from Shogran. It will take around two and half hour to reach at peaks of Sri Paya.
Once you reach Sri Paya the discomfort of the journey is forgotten as you find yourself surrounded by a spectacular view of the Makra hills and the Malka Parbat peak. Malka Parbat in english means "Queen of Mountains".
The next stop Khanian offers the best trout one can taste in the north. The dazzling greens of Dana Meadows and the slippery glaciers at tarmac, on the way to Naran, are quite an experience.
Malka Parbat, can be best approached by hiking or driving 10 KM from Naran to the legendary Saiful Maluk nesting in the shadows of The Malka Parbat. On a clear day, you can behold the majesty of the Malka Parbat'speaks reflected in the lake's deep blue icy waters.
The road from Mansehra to Naran is excellenty built. The workers of Frontier Works Organization are always busy in repairing the road and clearing the way of eroded mountains to ensure smooth flow of traffic.
Naran is one of most popular tourist spots of Pakistan at distance of 160 KM from Abbottabad . Travelers from Pakistan as well as many foreign countries rush in summer to the lush green valley surrounded by snowy mountains.
Foreign tourists mostly stay at PTDC motel while Pakistani elites prefer Pine Park Hotel and the same PTDC motel. There are many budget hotels in Naran's main bazar and most of people prefer to stay there. Hotel fares are very high in good hotels ranging between Rs. 2,000 ($ 34.5 appox) to Rs. 8,000 ($ 138 appox ) per night. Tents on rent are also available where you can stay by paying as low as Rs.150 per night.
July and August see more visitors as compared to the other months of summer. Local people do most of their business to earn livelihood for the whole year in these two to three months. Their businesses vary from teashops to rent-a-jeep service.
The most interesting job is of the elder people of the area who narrate medival story of Prince Saiful Maluk in a very catching way to the visitors who listen to them intently. After story is finished they demand their money for offering this story telling service.Tourists never show misery to those storytellers after they (tourists) are entertained with the story.
In my recent trip to Kaghan valley I did trekking, camping and hiking in various locations like Shogran, Lake Saif-ul-Maluk, Lalazar, Lake Lulu Pat Sar, Sri Paia, and Dana Medows. This trip was was full of adventure and I strongly recommend every one to visit Kaghan Valley because its simply a MUST. Happy Travels!
- Pros:Amaizing landscapes, lovely lakes and great weather
- Cons:Clever people, dust and beggars
- In a nutshell:The right place to see beautiful lakes and amaizing landscapes
There are many beautiful water falls in 155 KM long Kaghan Valley. Park your car and drink the fresh spring water and... more travel advice
Pine Park Shogran is a nice tourist resort with impressive facilities. For children's attraction there is a mini zoo.... more travel advice
- See All Non-Alchoholic wine and ...
- See All Bring all necessary medicines
- List of MUST items for Kaghan Valley
- Namdas and Carved Walnut handicrafts
- PTDC Luxury Bus Service
- See All "Ansoo lake" and "Sat Sri Mala"
- See All Delicious food at Erum Hotel, Naran
- See All Hiking and Trekking in Kaghan valley
- Do not shake hand with women
- Be aware of rent-a-jeep brokers...
- See All Royal Hotel, Naran
Been to Naran?Share your travels with the world!
fashionapple's Related Pages
Naran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Unforgettable Vacation In Kaghan (Kagan) Valley"
- "The valley of lovely lakes and amaizing landscapes"
- "Kaghan Valley"
- "The Paradise on earth"
- "A FAIRY TALE PLACE IN PAKISTAN.."
- "From South End to North End of Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naran
- Hotels in Naran
- Transportation in Naran
- Nightlife in Naran
- Restaurants in Naran
- Shopping in Naran
- Warnings and Dangers in Naran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naran
- 35 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Naran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naran
Photos in NaranSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 40 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 40 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 38 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giravaru Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Liechtenstein Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 3 photos