"Welcome to Lush Green Nathiagali" Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali by fashionapple
Nathia Gali Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 119 photos
Nathiagali is a scenic hill resort lodged in the sylvan slopes of the lower Himalayan range at an altitude of 8205 feet (2501 m) above sea level. Clad in Pine, Walnut and Oak Maple trees, it is one of the most beautiful hill stations of Pakistan that has been gifted with unparalleled scenic beauty, peace and tranquillity.
Nathiagali is 34 km from Abbottabbad so you can easily reach here in one hour. From Islamabad, it is on three hour drive on a carpeted 87 km long road crossing Murree and other Galiyat. Nathiagali is summer capital of NWFP province of Pakistan.
The British tried to create a little England here with its small timbered church, parks, bungalows and the Governor's House. There are many hiking and trekking opportunities in Nathiagali. You can take many short strolls through the pine forests.
The weather in Nathiagali during summer is very pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 15-25 C. Summer and monsoon season is from 15th April till 15th September. Where as winter starts from mid of September.
Most of the time this beautiful valley is surrounded by thick layer of fog during monsoon season that makes weather chilly. Evenings can get quite cool especially if it rains. The monsoons are unpredictable and unexpected storms accompanied by short bursts of hail may turn the air chilly.
You should bring some warm clothing along with tropical wear of summer. One should also be prepared for occasional downpour.
Those of you who love adventure can take a longer trek of around six hours (both ways) starting from the Governer House to 9,711 feet (2,960 m ) high Miranjani peak. Those who want to enjoy time in beautiful thick forest can always opt to climb 9,186 feet (2800 m) high top of Mukshpuri. The total journey is around four hours (both ways).
Nathiagali gets heavy snow in winters and temperatures mostly remain below freezing point. 6-8 feet snowfall is very normal in Nathiagali. If roads are open then can always go to Green Spot, a nearby area, for skiing.
3 km from Nathiagali is Dungagali which is entry point of Ayubia National Park. From here you can hike on 4 km long most beautiful "Dunga Gali Pipe Line Track". This track would take you to Ayubia in 45-50 minutes time.
You can witness rare varieties of birds, animals and trees on this track. Entry fee of Rs. 5 per person is charged by forest department to enter Ayubia National Park.
But the ideal time to visit Nathiagali in my opinion is from 1st to 15th September. Hotel accomodation would be cheaper and you can easily avail 50-60 % discounts. If you love peace and want to explore nature, then this is the right time for you. Alternatively you may plan it some where between 1st to 31st May. Have a wonderful time in Nathiagali. Happy Travels!
- Pros:Greenry, Fog and Natural Beauty of the area
- Cons:Frequent cloud bursts and very unpredictable weather
- In a nutshell:One of the prettiest hill resort of Pakistan.
If you have to walk all the way in Nathia Gali then it could be a pretty tough job as road is very steep and u gotta be... more travel advice
There is a cafe inside Green Spot where you can get snacks, coffee , tea and other such items of your choice. It gives... more travel advice
- See All Zero Visibility
- Bring warm clothes!
- Feed monkeys
- The local way of night life...
- See All Ayubia Chairlifts
- Shopping in Nathiagali Bazaar
fashionapple's Related Pages
Nathia Gali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Lush Green Nathiagali"
- "Nathia Gali "The City of Fog""
- "Visit to Nathia Gali"
- "NATHIA GALI ....SOME THING SPECIAL"
- "nathiya gali"
- "welcome to my nathiagali page"
- "Little Paradise in Northern Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nathia Gali
- Hotels in Nathia Gali
- Transportation in Nathia Gali
- Nightlife in Nathia Gali
- Restaurants in Nathia Gali
- Shopping in Nathia Gali
- Warnings and Dangers in Nathia Gali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nathia Gali
- 40 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nathia Gali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nathia Gali
- updated a Nathia Gali Travel Page "Welcome to Lush Green Nathiagali"
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: Any Baskin Robins outlets and..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Flowers of Nathia Gali"
- Wrote a Review Use the short ways... in Nathia Gali Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of leonik's Nathia Gali travel pages
Photos in Nathia GaliSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 40 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 40 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 38 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giravaru Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Liechtenstein Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 3 photos