"Isloo's beautiful Rawal Lake" Rawal Lake by fashionapple
Rawal Lake Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
Rawal Dam is main water source for the residents of twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Rawal lake covers an area of 8.8 square kilometers.
There is interesting story I heard from my elders about word "Rawal". According to them, long ago there was community of people living in area where now Rawal Dam is built. Rawal was their cast. When this dam was built , it was also named after that Rawal community. Similarly Rawalpindi according to these elders mean "Town of Rawal People". I am not sure if it is true or not but this story really looks interesting.
You can enjoy your evenings at Rawal Dam provided that its not humid. In monsoon season never plan for Rawal Dam because of very high humidity it becomes very difficult to stay there for longer times. Also due to excessive rains twin cities get in Monsoon season, spill ways could be opened any time. So be careful about that.
Many people visit Rawal Lake for picnic, boating, fishing and sailing. There are lush green gardens and picnic spots that make it ideal place to enjoy. The highest point in garden gives great views of Margalla Hills, Muree Hills and sister cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
The area round the lake has been planted with flowering trees, lush green gardens, picnic spots and walking tracks.
Watching sunset at Rawal Lake is an experience of life time. It gives very relaxing impact to your eyes. On a cloudy day this entire area is crowded with people who enjoy their time at this beautiful lake.
For fishing you need a permit from concerned department. Swimming in lake is not allowed but still youngsters play with their lives and many deaths are reported every year.
Boating at rawal lake is really fun. Also there is a Sailing Club run by Pakistani Navy. You can also join that if you love water sports.
- Pros:Greenry and relaxing atmosphere
- Cons:Humidity and lot of picknickers
- In a nutshell:Rawal Lake is good choice to relax and enjoy!!
fashionapple's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Rawal Lake
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Rawal Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rawal Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 40 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 40 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 38 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giravaru Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Liechtenstein Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 3 photos