"Giravaru - The Island of Your Dreams" Giravaru by fashionapple
Giravaru Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 25 photos
Giraavaru island is on the western side of the lagoon of North Male Atoll. Giraa means "eroding" in the Maldivian language. It was thought that the island was called Giraavaru because it was gradually being edoded away into the sea.
Giravaru reef is shaped like a ring and it is no doubt one of the most beautiful resort in the Maldives where you can see the actual scenery of Maldives.
The white sandy beaches and the crystal clear lagoon makes your stay memorable and enjoyable having all the recreational facilities. And let me tell you that Giraavaru is a snorkeller's paradise.
Giraavaru is at approximate distance of one hour by Dhoni (local boat) from Capital city of Maale. Dhoni charges $50 for individual transfers to resort where as speedboat charges are $75. Speed boat would take you there just in 15-30 minutes.
Giravaru offers you a choice of over 20 of some of the world's most talked about diving sites. There are experienced international divers to escort and guide you.
- Pros:Great Food, Rooms and Water Sports
- Cons:Transportation problems at night time
- In a nutshell:Giravaru is island of your dreams!!!
Back packs are ideal. Do not bring too much luggage. Keep this factor in mind that all transportation is through motor... more travel advice
Maldives is famous for its coral reefs and marine life. Try snorkeling in Giravaru, its simply fun. Do not worry to see... more travel advice
fashionapple's Related Pages
Giravaru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Giravaru - The Island of Your Dreams"
- "5th Wedding Anniversary Holiday"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Giravaru
- Hotels in Giravaru
- Transportation in Giravaru
- Nightlife in Giravaru
- Restaurants in Giravaru
- Shopping in Giravaru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Giravaru
- 12 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Giravaru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Giravaru
Photos in GiravaruSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 40 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 40 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 38 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giravaru Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Liechtenstein Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 3 photos