"Suzhou - Shang You Tian Tang Xia You Su Hang!" Top 5 Page for this destination Suzhou by imstress

Suzhou Travel Guide: 346 reviews and 1,113 photos

Suzhou - Little Singapore!

Famous for its gardens, beautiful women and silk, the ancient city, Suzhou is just an hour from Shanghai by train.

Suzhou lies at the point where the rail line meets the Grand Canal, about 30km to the east of Tai Hu.

Suzhou looks like a "Little Singapore" because an entire industrial city was being built on the outskirts by Singaporean investors.

You would probably have heard of "Shang You Tian Tang Xia You Su Hang". Meaning you can find pretty women in heaven and can find them on earth in Suzhou and Hangzhou.

Places of interest includes the famous Ou Yuan which is one of UNESCO site. The silk factory is worth a visit too.

• In a nutshell:Shang You Tian Tang Xia You Su Hang
  • Last visit to Suzhou: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 11:35 PM

very awkward ladies for sure

• Jan 23, 2007 at 8:38 AM

my dear, you are supposed to look at the clothes, not the girls inside the clothes!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 8:15 AM

Gardens...ummmmm and lots of traditions. Suzhou seems to be a hidden surprise when you travel through China..in this gianat country, I wonder how many surprises we still have! CHINA IS COOL!!!

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 4:34 AM

Hi Jen: Any chance you could come to the Baltimore VT meet in September? Many of us would like to meet you! I now subscribe to chinesepod, and wo Putonghua shuo de hen hao. Always stress!

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 11:42 PM

Interesting page Glenn! I have earn a lot about silk factories ;-)

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2006 at 12:55 AM

Well here are some positive ratings..I think u should build some more pages as I seem to be rating some pages twice.Send me a message. TIM .·:*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*¨`* --------- (*!*)----------

• crewrower's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2006 at 1:55 AM

Nice Suzhou page. Great pictures.

• eviltooth's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 11:35 PM

I'm in suzhou now! Thanks for the tips. Went to the sweet shop yesterday and my friend asked whether he needs to get me a truck (I bought too much!)

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 6:12 AM

Interesting to read about the Silk processing ... lovely pictures. Political leaders seem to be doing a better job than the models :)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 3:17 AM

I'd love to visit the gardens in Suzhou, they're famed for their beauty. leyle

Badges & Stats in Suzhou