"C H E N G D U" Chengdu by imstress
Chengdu Travel Guide: 615 reviews and 1,609 photos
The Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding is located at the northern suburb of Chengdu.
This world famous ecological conservation base occupies 105 hectares and is dedicated to the conservation of Giant Panda and the Red Panda.
It received the honour of The Global 500 from the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
The Panda were very active when we reach there about 9 am which was their feeding time.
We even met Jing Jing which is the mascot for Beijing 2008 Olympic.
Ever wonder what is Panda's biggesest hopes? They would like to have a coloured photograph taken and not a black and white picture ;p
Sichuan Opera also known as Fu Rong Guo Cui is a performance by famous actors and actress and musicians at the Jinjiang Stage every night.
You will see performances like Rolling Lamp in local Sichuan Dialect (performed by a clown and his fierce wife), Mouth Spraying of fire and the ever famous Face Changing (Bian Lian) show.
Ever wonder how they could change their mask so quickly within split seconds? It will take lots of careful observations before you can tell.
The China Dead Sea is located at Daying, Suining in Sichuan Province and is very close to the border of Chong Qing. The Sun City Resort was built in 2003 and was opened in May 2004.
The original Dead Sea in Israel is also located at 30 degree north latitude. The Dead Sea of China is also situated on the world's 30 degree north latitude.
We traveled by coach for about two hours from Chengdu to the Dead Sea of China and stayed only for a night at Sun City Resort at this 5 star resort.
Our room has a balcony that over look the courtyard where the nightly performance can be viewed from.
There are both indoor and outdoor floating pools. The salt properties are believed to be able to cure skin diseases and relax your body.
There are lots of shops along the famous Chun Xi Rd in downtown Chengdu. Lots of famous brands and botiques are found... more travel advice
Luo Dai Ancient Town is the first Hakka town in Chuanxi. 85% of the resident here are Hakkas. Within this small ancient... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Chengdu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bright lights and many motorcycles!"
- "Chengdu - Home of China's Pandas"
- "Chengdu - A city of interesting culture"
- "THE CITY OF CHENGDU"
- "Chengdu - Home of the endangered Giant Panda."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chengdu
- Hotels in Chengdu
- Transportation in Chengdu
- Nightlife in Chengdu
- Restaurants in Chengdu
- Shopping in Chengdu
- Warnings and Dangers in Chengdu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chengdu
- 9 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Chengdu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chengdu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos