"M A C A U - more than just casinos" Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau by imstress
Concelho de Macau Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 2,491 photos
Macau is famous for gambling and it has a nickname as "Las Vegas of the Orient".
Macau is a Portuguese word derived from a local temple "Ma Kok" dedicated to the Ah-Ma.
When I mentioned that I will be visiting Macau, everyone will think that we are there just to gamble. What is there to see and do in Macau? You could visit lots of attractions such as, Museums, Gardens, Temples, Churches and Casinos.
Casinos are Macau's largest income. Do check out the Casino Lisboa and Sands Casino which are the most famous ones on Macau. Most of the casinos are located along Avenida de Amizade. You could spend a night and visit various casinos.
You could purchase a Museum Pass for MOP25 and visit the 6 Museums within 5 days. Museum of Macau, Maritime Museum, Wine Museum, Grand Prix Museum, Museum of Art and Lin Zexu Museum. Other worth visiting museums is St. Dominic Church Museum, Museum of Sacred Art, Dr. Sun Yat Sen Memorial House and Taipa House Museum.
Temple of A-Ma, Statue of Kun Iam, Ruin of Saint Paul, St. Dominic Church, Chapel of Our Lady of Guia, Monte Fort, Lou Lim Ieco Garden, Flora Garden, Camoes Grotto & Garden, Leal Senado Square, Barrier Gate, Taipa Village, and Macau Sky Tower are attractions in Macau that you could spend some time visiting.
Lou Lim Ieco Garden
Lou Lim Ieco Garden was built in late 19th century by a wealthy Chinese merchant, Lou Kau, and was modeled after the classical Garden of Suzhou, Ou Yuan.
The garden is complete with bamboo, rock mountains, ponds, 9-turn Bridge, Victorian style houses and other classic elements.
The garden had to be taken over by the government when Lou Kau lost his fortunes. In the 1970's, the government renovated the park and opened it to the public. Today, you will see the locals exercising, singing, playing instruments and strolling in the garden.
Macau Fisherman's Wharf is the newest attractions and the first ever themed entertainment attraction in Macau. It is situated in the Outer Harbour just opposite the Sands Casino.
The Fisherman's Wharf is made up of three themes, Tang Dynasty, Roman Amphitheatre and East Meets West.
Gongbei is a Shopping Heaven located across the borders between Macau and China. You can buy and shop for almost... more travel advice
The Sands Casino has hit Macau and will be coming over to Singapore soon. Sands has the largest crowd of people at... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Concelho de Macau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "M A C A U - more than just casinos"
- "Macau Challenge"
- "M A C A U"
- "LAS VEGAS OF THE ORIENT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concelho de Macau
- Hotels in Concelho de Macau
- Transportation in Concelho de Macau
- Nightlife in Concelho de Macau
- Restaurants in Concelho de Macau
- Shopping in Concelho de Macau
- Warnings and Dangers in Concelho de Macau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Concelho de Macau
- 62 Reviews
- 288 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Concelho de Macau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concelho de Macau
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: legitimate overnight..."
- Commented on one of justagirlinasia's Concelho de Macau travel pages
- updated a Concelho de Macau Travelogue "Gongbei - Just across Macau border"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gongbei - Day trip to Gongei"
- Wrote a Review Gongbei - Day trip to Gongei in Concelho de Macau Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Concelho de MacauSee All Photos (288)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos