"Wanaka! My fav town in South Island!" Top 5 Page for this destination Wanaka by imstress

Wanaka Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 381 photos

Wanaka - I fell in love with this awesome town

Wanaka is rated as the best town of my South Island trip.

Very beautiful secneries here. There are mountains, lakes and clear blue sky and nice weather. What else could I ask for?

In winter, you could go for skiing as there are many good skiing slopes around here.

It has a unique cinema Paradiso located at Ardmore Street near the Caltex Station. Go there early and select your favourite seat.

I didnt get a chance to visit the Warbirds Museum at the Lake Wanaka Airport. Do so if you have the time.

Take a scenic helicopter ride and see the awesome Mt Aspiring, Wanaka and also the Fiordland.

The Puzzling World of Stuart Landsborough

I would love to spend a day at The Puzzling World by Stuart Landsborough. This is a very interesting place for all ages. You wil be fascinated by all the Illusions. It is like a mini Science Centre back home.

Cardrona Bras

You will come across a fence with all the bras hanging under the bright sunshine.

I think it started with one traveller who donated her bras on the fences and every other travller alos did likewise.

This amazing sight is not far from Wanaka and very near Cardrona.

• In a nutshell:I dream of migrating to this beautiful town
  • Last visit to Wanaka: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2006

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 8:07 PM

Hi Jen! Interesting page on Wanaka, never thought that there would be so much to see in the Puzzling World. We just stopped at the gates to take some photos. Happy birthday from Finland!

• May 20, 2006 at 6:44 PM

Hey Jen, well done. Love your write-ups on your trip. You are blessed to be in such a beautiful country!

• Apr 10, 2006 at 1:00 AM

Hiya Jen I live 90 minutes from Wanaka....cool place isnt it? Wwe just came back from a jet boat ride up one of the rivers, the Matukituku, near Wanaka. Awesome! The bra fence has struck trouble with the regional council asking that it be removed!!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Wanaka & Mt Aspiring National Park are indeed very nice places in NZ! Lovely photos & tips. Btw, I am building my Newfoundland & St John's pages, do drop by when you are free :)

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 11:59 PM

Jen... you're in the gents! Watch out... the fence is a booby trap!

Badges & Stats in Wanaka