"Cromwell - Central Otago" Cromwell by imstress
Cromwell Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 53 photos
Cromwell is located on the edge of Lake Dunstan at Central Otago.
Central Otago is the Wine Region in South Island. You could take a tour of the Central Otago Wine Trail to visit vineyards and have some wine tasting.
Cromwell is also known as the "Fruit Bowl" of the south. You can visit the fruit orchards and purchase some fresh fruits, preserved fruits and honey as souveniers.
You may go for a fishing trip on Lake Dunstan if time permits.
Roaring Meg Creek is located on the opposite side of the old powerhouse. The Roaring Meg power station was constructed by the Otago Central Power Board during 1934-1936.
There is a picnic area alongside with Roaring Meg Creek.
Many robberies had taken place here as the road are muddy and the gorge. This is a good place to dispose the dead body after robbery.
Cromwell is located on the edge of Lake Dunstan at Central Otago. Central Otago is the Wine Region in South Island.... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Cromwell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cromwell - A perfect place for a stopover"
- "Cromwell - Central Otago"
- "A must stop for dried fruit fanatics"
- "Cromwell, NZ's newest old town"
- "From the Gold Pan to the Fruit Bowl"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cromwell
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Cromwell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cromwell
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos