"Fox Glacier - Helicoper Ride" Top 5 Page for this destination Fox Glacier by imstress

Fox Glacier Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 368 photos

Fox Glacier

Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier are just 30 mins drive apart.

If you only have time for one glacier, I suggest that you come to Fox Glacier. You could really get very close to the glacier as it is about 3 arms length away from the barriers.

There are paths and a mini waterfall that you have to cross in order to get to the glacier below.

There are many tracks you could take to view the Fox Glacier from different angle.

Helicopter Ride

Took the helicopter ride for $225 per person for a 20 mins flight and 10 mins snow landing.

This is a life time experience and my 1st time on a helicoper.

Was deciding between helicopter or plane and we made the right choice ;p

We could not fly from Franz josef due to the weather. Drove to Fox Glacier to try our luck and it really paid off.

Lake Matheson

I love this Lake Matheson pic that we have taken.
It was taken when we 1st reach the Lake where there were not much people around.

After we took the 1 hr walk and came back, there lake was not calm and has ripples because some kids throw some pebbles into the lake to scare the ducks.

I guess this could be a wallpaper on my PC.
Pls get copy rights from me if you plan to save it ;p

• Last visit to Fox Glacier: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 2, 2007

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Thanks for your helpful tips. Looks like a great place to visit. We hope to get there soon.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 8:57 PM

ღ (~_~)♫♫ Happy birthday to you ♫♫ (~_~)ღ ღ

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 1:53 AM

Excellent picture of the mountain reflection in the lake ! Greetz Luc

• jag17's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2006 at 8:46 PM

Wow, that first helicopter picture is incredible!

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 12:16 PM

Thanks for stopping by our NZ page! You are lucky to havesuch great Lake Matheson pictures -- we had too many clouds! Glad you enjoyed the helo ride!

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 4:04 PM

Breathtaking!! And that is just the photos of you ;-) What a fabulous adventure you have had, Jen!!

• jono84's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 5:46 PM

Yes Lake Matheson is lovely! I only managed to make it to Fox Glacier, and thoroughly enjoyed it. We did the glacier walks, but from your helicopter pics i kinda wish we had done that to! Great pages here, thanks! Jon

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2006 at 6:41 PM

Nice adventures to the 2 glaciers! I did not manage to visit them when I was in NZ, but will definitely do it if I were to visit NZ next time :)

• relax47's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 4:51 PM

loved your pages on NZ hope to be able to talk my wife to go there. keep up the excellent work love david

• Feb 23, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Brrrhhh.. it's really cold up there!!! Great pages - continue to write, I want to read more!

Badges & Stats in Fox Glacier

Have you been to Fox Glacier?

Latest Activity in Fox Glacier