"Omarama" Omarama by imstress
Omarama Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 46 photos
Omarama is a small township situated at the junction of State Highway 83 and State Highway 8.
Omarama means "Place of Light" in Maori language.
We did a brief stop for toilet break on our way to Lake Tekapo for the night.
Eventhough it is a small township with population of about 400 people, there are accommodations well catered for visitors ranging from hotels and motels, homestays, camping grounds and backpackers.
There are also pub, restaurants, winery, take away food outlets, a general store, tourist shops, and petrol stations servicing the whole town.
Omarama is a small township with population of about 400 people. Take a walk around the town and you may find,... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Omarama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OMARAMA - Place of Light"
- "Omarama - In the middle of nowhere"
- "Buscot Station - The best hostel in NZ"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Omarama
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Omarama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Omarama
Photos in OmaramaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (203)
Latest Omarama hotel reviews
- Countrytime Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2013