"A L B A N Y" Top 5 Page for this destination Albany by imstress
Albany Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 522 photos
Albany has an amazing coastIine and nature features. The highlights are the Torrindup Park is the home to the famous Natural Bridge, The Gap and the Blowholes. Not Forgetting the world famous Whaleworld and the Wind Farm.
There is so much to see in Albany! Wish I could stay here longer and take my time to enjoy this beautiful place. We will be back!
Albany windfarm is located 6km west from town. There are 12 wind turbines which are perched at 60 metres high on the spectacularly rugged coastline. Itis one of Australia’s largest windfarm in the southern hemisphere. It provide 75% of the city’s electricity. The windfarm is best view during sunset.
Cheynes Beach Whaling Company is Australia's last whaling stations and was decomissioned back in Nov 1978.
Whale World is now an outstanding museum opened in Dec 2002. This is the only whaling museum created from a working whaling station.
There is a tearooms which provides a comprehensive history of whaling in the southern ocean. The 3D animated film on whales, history of whaling, displays of harpoon guns and a restored whale chaser, the Cheynes IV are the exhibits of Whaleworld. Whale skeletons, aircraft display marine mammal art collection are also displayed.
The Gap is a block of granite that drops about 24 m to the sea.
Not far from it is the Natural Bridge which is a stretch of granite that is formed like a "Bridge over troubled water ".
The Gap, Natural Bridge and Blow Holes are all house in Torndirrup National Park.
Emu Point is a peaceful beach where families gathers for a picnic, fishing, boating, playground or just strolling along... more travel advice
Princess Royal Fortress is located on Mt Adelaide which used to be a Military Institute. It has been refurbished to a... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Albany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Albany - The Rainbow Coast"
- "A L B A N Y"
- "Albany and a Wild Aussirose Story"
- "Albany, an adventure waiting to happen."
- "Albany - a city on the southern coast of WA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albany
- Hotels in Albany
- Transportation in Albany
- Nightlife in Albany
- Restaurants in Albany
- Warnings and Dangers in Albany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albany
- 17 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Albany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albany
Photos in AlbanySee All Photos (86)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos