"Hobart" Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart by imstress
Hobart Travel Guide: 429 reviews and 958 photos
Hobart, the nation’s second oldest Capital has a quality of life the envy of all other states. The City’s population live work and play in a thriving community offering a range of lifestyle choices with all amenities in close proximity.
Hundreds of thousands of tourists visit Hobart annually; many take day tours to such sought after areas as Wine Glass Bay at Freycinet on Tasmania’s East Coast, Port Arthur and the world’s best wild brown trout fishery in the Central Highlands.
The Huon trail is a link to other activities in the region - jet boating, cruises to Atlantic salmon farms from Dover and Port Huon, alpine walks in the Hartz Mountains, riverside forest walks in the Southern Forest, shopping for arts and crafts in studios in Margate, Cygnet, Huonville, Franklin and Geeveston, boutique vineyards and in season pick-your-own berry farms, and beach and headland walks on Bruny Island.
The Huon trail is a driving trail. At 24 roadside locations there are dramatically designed, timber crowned signs telling tales of frogs and fossils, logs and lighthouses, tall trees and tall ships, Gondwana plants and Golden Delicious apples, wooden boats and whalers, bandicoots and blackcurrants.
Have you gone for a treetop walk before? Go for the Tahune Forest AirWalk if you are in Huon. more travel advice
Being co-located with the Huonville Visitor Information Centre at the centre of the Huon region, the Cafe is ideally... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Hobart Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Hobart Page"
- "IMPREXXION: TASMANIA-HOBART"
- "Hobart - The Capital City of Tasmania"
- "Hobart - relax, you're there"
- "Snow on Christmas Day?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hobart
- Hotels in Hobart
- Transportation in Hobart
- Nightlife in Hobart
- Restaurants in Hobart
- Shopping in Hobart
- Warnings and Dangers in Hobart
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hobart
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Hobart?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hobart
Photos in HobartSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos