"Launceston" Top 5 Page for this destination Launceston by imstress
Launceston Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 309 photos
Launceston is located on the Tamar River where the North and South Esk Rivers converge.
It is Tasmania's second largest population centre, and is an attractive city due to its many parks and gardens, which incorporate European trees such as oaks and elms.
Cataract Gorge Reserve is arguably the best recreational area in the northern city of Launceston, located only 1.6 km (1 mi) from the city centre.
The chairlift crossing the Gorge is the longest single span one in the world at 308m (924 ft) - a winter view from chairlift is pictured below.
Since young, I had a dream to hold my wedding in a church with tainted glass. Most of the churches in Singapore do not... more travel advice
Although Launceston is a very small town, it has lots of churches. During our evening walk, we came across this... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Launceston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPREXXION: TASMANIA-LAUNCESTON"
- "A weekend in Launie!"
- "Launceston - A Great Intro to Tasmania!"
- "Welcome to Launceston"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Launceston
- Hotels in Launceston
- Transportation in Launceston
- Restaurants in Launceston
- Shopping in Launceston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Launceston
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Launceston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Launceston
Photos in LauncestonSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos