Hanoi Nightlife Tips by imstress Top 5 Page for this destination
Hanoi Nightlife: 95 reviews and 112 photos
Water Puppet Show
The last puppet show starts at 8pm and ticket has to be purchased by 7.30pm.
If you wish to take pics, buy the 1st class ticket for 40,000 VND. The gift includes a CD of the tunes played during the show.
Take the fan as a souvenier and a broucher after you climb the steps to the theater. It will tell you every scence of the show.
The show is in Vietnamese so you will have to just see the action of the puppet and listen to the singing and musicians that are performing live on the extreme left of the stage.
I thought it would be quite boring to listen to people singing in a foreign language and see just some puppets moves.
But when I was there, it was so entertaining and well worth the 40,000 VND that I have paid (2nd row seats).
Dress Code: causal
Directions: along the lake
Bia Hoi Drinking Session in Progress
Not sure what to do at night?
take a seat on those low plastic stools and have a cheap and good bia hoi for only 1,500VND.
You can have a people watching session or talk to others sitting near you.
Order some crackers or peanuts to go with your bia hoi. You can throw the peanut shells on the floor .
CHEERS, Bottom Ups, Gan Bei or Yum Seng!
Address: Old Quarters, Corner of Hang Giay St
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (76)
- See All Changing of Guards
- See All Trang Tien Shopping Centre
- See All Noibai International Airport
- See All Water chestnuts
imstress' Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 78 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (124)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (204)
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum- 80 Reviews, 150 Photos
- Hoan Kiem Lake- 100 Reviews, 229 Photos
- Water Puppet Show- 71 Reviews, 121 Photos
- Temple of Literature- 68 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Old Quarter- 40 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Ha Long Bay- 41 Reviews, 111 Photos
- One Pillar Pagoda- 43 Reviews, 75 Photos
- The Museum of Ethnology- 40 Reviews, 113 Photos
- West Lake- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Hoa Lo Prison- 22 Reviews, 59 Photos
See All Hanoi Things to Do