"Hanoi" Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi by imstress
Hanoi Travel Guide: 2,834 reviews and 6,284 photos
Hanoi is a compact city where the sighseeings are all relatively close by. You may walk by foot or esplore the city by cyclo. You would probably stay at the Old Quarters and use Hanoi as a base for Halong Bay, Sapa, Perfume Pagoda or other parts of Vietnam.
Suggested that you start your sightseeing in the morning by visitng Uncle Ho at the Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum. This is Hanoi’s most visited site and revered places.
The cyclo ride from Hoan Kiem Lake takes about five minutes. The Mausoleum is open only in the mornings, from 7:30 to 10:30 in the Summer and from 8:00 to 11:00 in the Winter. There are often large crowds so do arrive early.
The other nearby sightseeing are The One Pillar Pagoda (a very tiny one) just outside Ho Chi Minh Museum.
Take a cyclo or walk to the Temple of Literature (Van Mieu) which is another worth visiting museum. You may even see some students painting this favourite site.
Dont miss Hoan Kiem Lake, Ngoc Son Pagoda and the Water Puppet Show. If time permits do visit the Museum of Ethnology. I love the outdoor exhibits and you can spend the half a day there.
Do approach the friendly VTers mylan (lan), kentnguyen (kent) and Ladyfromasia (minh) if you need any local knowledge.
We had one of the biggest VT Meet turn up in Hanoi.
Thanks to lan for recommending Chim Sao. We had a great dinner here.
Seen in this pic are basil, memyselfandi (garth), kentnguyen (kent), AlexWorldWide (alex), viann, mylan (lan), imstress (jen), Ladyfromasia (minh), duc, susanyzz (susan)
VT Meet at Jazz Club
We head down to the Jazz Club near Hoan Kien Lake after dinner.
I was honoured to take Lan's bike there. The ride was simply awesome! The guys took a cab there.
We saw the soldiers dressed smartly in their white uniform marching toward Uncle Ho Masoleum. It was at about 4pm that... more travel advice
Noibai International Airport is the gateway to Hanoi. We took Tiger Airways from Singapore to Hanoi. The other airline... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 78 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (124)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos