"Phi Phi & Khai Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phi Phi Don by imstress

Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide: 491 reviews and 1,370 photos

Phi Phi Island

Phi Phi Island features two bays with long beautiful beaches, Ton Sai and Lo Dalam Bay. Ton Sai Bay is where most accommodation can be found and the area offers a wide selection of bars and restaurants. Tonsai Bay is the main town of the island. Many travel agencies, internet café, restaurants and shops operate here. You can book various tours to the vicinity and also arrange your hiking and diving trip here.

Lo Dalam Bay is the quieter side of Phi Phi Don. This is were the Phi Phi Viewpoint is located. You can climb up the steps and have a paranomic view of the twin bays. A Tsunami Memorial Park was built in memory of all those who died on 26 Dec 2004.

Island Hopping Day Trip

Our Island hopping journey begins when we booked a Phi Phi, Maya & Khai Island Snorkeling and Sea Canoeing Program. We get to go on board a speedboat tour for THB1,200 per person with P.P Island Marine Group arranged by Nice Tour along Patong Beach (72 Thaweewang Rd, near Zen). The listed price was THB2,800 for an adult. We went to a few tour agents and bargained before deciding on going by a speed boat versus big boat with a chance to stay a night on Phi Phi Island. In the end we were glad that we made the right choice.

Tour Include
* Qualified Instructor

• Last visit to Ko Phi Phi Don: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2007

• Nov 12, 2007 at 4:39 AM

This is a refreshing way to present Phi Phi Island. Interesting perspective...

• schwein's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2007 at 6:04 AM

Good tips! I'm heading there in a week...

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 7:56 AM

some nice tips. I was just there recently. :-)

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2007 at 9:03 PM

I always wanted to go back again some day cos I was there exactly one year before the tsunami. Wonder how is it right now?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 6:46 AM

wow, looks like paradise jen!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 7:59 AM

Did you buy your commemorative plate?

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2007 at 8:48 PM

Hi Jen, Phi Phi island is indeed a beautiful place, and you had good weather too :)

• Jul 6, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Great write-up of your personal experience at Phi Phi island. Always love to read about your adventure. Great photographs taken too. Heard Phi Phi is also a great sight to do diving.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Sounds like you've had a fantastic trip! Would love to see that famous Maya beach for myself one day! Thanks for Esperance Jen!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2007 at 12:20 AM

I don't think I could face my food eating off a plate with me on it!

Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Don

Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Don?

Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Don