"P H U K E T - Beautiful Sunset!" Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket by imstress

Phuket Travel Guide: 3,188 reviews and 8,734 photos

P H U K E T

On 31 May2007, we woke up early as our flight departs at 7am at the Budget Terminal for our Tiger Airways Flight. We managed to book our tickets online about two months back. The return trip including taxes cost S$150. This started our 4 nights Phuket trip.

Other than Patong Beach, you should travel to other beaches in Phuket. Kamala, Surin, Laem Singh, Karon and Kata Beaches are very beautiful and less crowded and not so touristy.

Beautiful Sunset at Promthep Cape

You may like to view the sunset from Patong Beach, Kata View Point and the best place is at Promthep cape which have an unblocked view of the sea.

We drove our rented car up to Promthep cape. Do get there slightly before the sunset and the best view is just before the sun is setting. The view from Promthep is breathaking. It is cooling just before the sunset, so you may like to sit by the restaurant and have a drink or dinner.

Phi Phi Island Day Trip + Khai Island

Island hopping is the best way to see and explore some of Phuket’s beautiful islands. You will find lots of huge rock formations, stalactites and stalagmites.

We chose a day trip to Phi Phi and Khai Island. Along the way, we will be given time to swim, snorkel and canoe.

The rate for smaller speed boats cost THB1,200 per person. We did not opt for the bigger boats as they are packed with about 200 people and they don’t land on Maya Beach.

It was fun canoeing at the Monkey Beach. We were given half an hour to paddle around the island. We have to put on our life jacket even though the water is calm. In case we capsized, we can still thread under water or swim back to shore.

The Phi Phi View Point has an excellent view of the Ao Ton Sai and Ao Lo Dalam Bay.

• Last visit to Phuket: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 1, 2007

• adrianspencertaylor's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 3:44 PM

beautiful Sunset's wow

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2009 at 2:12 AM

I am going back to Phuket on the 06 July. Thanks for the tips.

• Jan 21, 2008 at 5:38 PM

can anyone tell me where i can find a large range of Mac Cosmetics in Phuket and also is there any Hairdressing suppliers in Phuket selling wholeslae to hairdresses

• fashionapple's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Jen. So sorry for not wishing on time. I was not regular on VT and travelling at the same time too. I guess its never too late to wish. I hope u had a great birthday. Happy Travels and best wishes :0)

• Nov 12, 2007 at 4:36 AM

The photograph of the sunset is breath-taking. I hope to visit Phuket soon.

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 2:46 AM

Hi Jen, I re-rated your Heroine's tip. : )

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Hi Jen, great piccies, especially the sunsets. And the animals are cute too :-)

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Beautifull place, it seames you had 4 wonderfull days there.

• flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Wow beautiful sunset and nice beach Jenn.. good job.. i think i should book a trip there...lol hehe big hugss Christine

• Donna-Lee's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 6:13 PM

G`day Jen, great tips & photos, cant wait to shop till I drop, not before I get to the restaurants & see those beautiful sunsets... :)

Badges & Stats in Phuket