"M U A R" Top 5 Page for this destination Muar by imstress

Muar Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 190 photos

M U A R

MUAR is a town in northwestern Negri Johor, Malaysia.

Muar is also used for the name of its district, which is further sub-divided between the Town of Muar and the sub-district of Tangkak.

We drove from Singapore and stop by a few towns on our way to Melaka (using the old road).

Our trip to Muar is all about food, food and more food!
Mua is famous for its Otah and I would like you to try the satay too!

excellent satay from the food street in Muar

• Intro Updated Apr 9, 2007

• Aug 31, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I used to live in Muar about 35 years ago..Am staying in Canada but I miss my birth of place..Any chance to see the oldpawn shop photos ? Much appreciated

• Dec 16, 2008 at 1:07 AM

I would like to correct a little here imstress, regarding Kim San Food Market. Kim San Food Market is actually located along Hunger St aka 'tam chiak kuey'. The market is not called as Hunger St.

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 7:11 AM

Surprizing: I've been in Muar several times (Compagny plant just after the Slt Ismail Bridge, closed from the mosque), but I did not see so much interests for a VTpage. Seeing your page confim I'm wrong :)

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2008 at 4:54 PM

So much yummy food... is this an easy day trip from Singers?

• mochatan's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Muar have anothers mee bandung very nice....Located behind Sekolah Agama at Jalan Junid....very nice o....dun miss it

• Jan 9, 2007 at 10:10 PM

I went there two weeks ago and man this guy has gung fu, I have never tasted You Cha Kwai and Hum Jin Bang that good before.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 8:04 PM

Wah, I was just checking what to eat enroute to a nature reserve, then I saw your page! Mee Bandung looks yummy;p

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 6:28 PM

another great page Jen!

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 8:22 AM

Jen, thanks for the tips on your trip to Muar. Besides bringing back fond memories of traveling in Malaysia, they made me hungry!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo