"Day Trips to Johor Bahru" Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru by imstress
Johor Bahru Travel Guide: 554 reviews and 1,048 photos
Johor Bahru is situated at the southern tip of the Peninsula. Johor Bahru (JB) is the state capital of Johor Darul Takzim. It is one of the largest cities in Malaysia.
The Causeway lconnects JB to Singapore with a six lane road and a railway line. The Second Link Expressway located in the west was constructed in 1997 to help alleviate the congested Causeway. It is linked directly to Johor Bahru Parkway and North-South Expressway.
Singaporeans would like to cross the causeway for grocery shopping, petrol and eat cheap and good seafood.
We had our seafood dinner at Restoran Todak (Orang Asli).
It was challenging to find this place. We went to Shell petrol station and asked a passerby how to get to the seafood village and he was so kind to lead the way.
We wondered if we were in the right direction as we have to pass thru some dark bushes for about 3 mins before we reach the crowded seafood village.
We ordered chilli crab with fried buns, gong gong, butter crayfish, fried calamari and their fried beancurd. The seafood meal for 4 of us only cost RM95.
direction: somewhere near the new Jusco, turn onto Pasir Gudang Highway, take the 1st exit and drive towards Jln Jelatang and the road to Telok Jawa is among some dark bushes and you will see a few restaurants built on stilts. Drive further in and you will see Restoran Todak which is much famous than the others because of the tasty and cheaper seafood over here.
Taman Sri Tebrau Hawker Centre is located near Crystal Crown Hotel.
This is a hawker centre with lots of stalls selling seafood.
Our favourite stall is this big stall near the main entrance of the food centre.
My favourite are cereal prawns, herbal chicken, butter crayfish, sambal stingray, chilli kang kong. Whats yours?
City Square is the nearest mega mall just across from Singapore to Johor Bahru causeway.
Singaporeans like to go there for shopping during the weekends.
There are many shops selling clothings, shoes, restaurants, fast food outlets, jewellery and even Singapore Visitors Centre is located there.
We love shopping at Pelangi as it is very "uncrowded". There are many shops selling from clothings, shoes, book store,... more travel advice
Restoran Todak (Orang Asli) is located in Johor Bahru near Pasir Gudang. It is kind of a hard to find place and you... more travel advice
imstress' Related Pages
Johor Bahru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selamat Datang!!! A Very Warm Welcome!!!"
- "Johor Bahru - A PLACE I CALL MY HOME"
- "Johor Darul Ta'zim"
- "Day Trips to Johor Bahru"
- "JB - Johor Bahru City"
- "Johor Bahru -- Nice Town, but beware of Cons"
- "Johor Bahru"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Johor Bahru
- Hotels in Johor Bahru
- Transportation in Johor Bahru
- Nightlife in Johor Bahru
- Restaurants in Johor Bahru
- Shopping in Johor Bahru
- Warnings and Dangers in Johor Bahru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Johor Bahru
- 24 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Johor Bahru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Johor Bahru
Photos in Johor BahruSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos