"take a ferry to paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Otok Brac by travelbug102

Otok Brac Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 244 photos

My first Croatian island experience was to Hvar, which was nice, but my last visit was to Brac and it was great.

I enjoy going to the island not for beach and sun (I grew up in southern California and grew tired of this lifestyle) - but to get away from it all, relax, have a chance to have a few homecooked meals and to have absolutely no agenda.

A word on Zlatni Rat

A lot of tourists come here for Zlatni Rat. This ubiquitous beach is on every postcard, tourist brochure, t-shirt, etc... And it looks very cool, like a tongue - from the air! Those of us without private helicopters get only the view from the ground, which is, less than spectacular. Not that it's bad, but as they say, don't believe the hype.

When you get in to town

The catamaran from Split will drop you off in Bol. The tourist info center is almost as you step off the pier. Quiet little marina (outside of tourist season) with one internet cafe, some good cafes on the boardwalk and a few not-so-ultra-tacky souvenir shops to boot. Since I had a kitchen, I cooked all my meals and didn't try any restaurants.

• Last visit to Otok Brac: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 30, 2004

• Jun 15, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Hi there...the little house looks lovely...do you have any contact details for it. Thanks very much

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2005 at 9:03 PM

Would love a contact for your house on Brac. Perhaps you could PM me. Heading there next year to see where Mr L's grandfather came from. leyle

travelbug102

“Friends first, food second, everything else will take of itself”

Badges & Stats in Otok Brac

Have you been to Otok Brac?

Latest Activity in Otok Brac