"Travnik - Cultural powerhouse of Central Bosnia" Travnik by travelbug102
Travnik Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 79 photos
About 2 hrs by bus from Sarajevo lies Travnik, the old residence of Ottoman rulers. Despite being mostly destroyed by a fire in 1903, there are is still a good deal of medieval character to be found, including a great ruined fortress, a colorful mosque, Ivo Andric's house and a terrific waterside cafe.
Cafes dot the Plava Voda (Blue Waters), a source that flows out of the base of the Vlasic Mountain.
Take a stroll alongside the Plava Voda. There is ample outdoor seating at the cafes and restuarants and a few vendors... more travel advice
A great place to view the city's minarets or the imposing mountains nearby. When I visited there was an enthusiastic... more travel advice
travelbug102's Related Pages
Travnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Travnik : A Pleasant Day-out from Sarajevo"
- "Travnik - Cultural powerhouse of Central Bosnia"
- "Travnik, Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "A real foreigners view of Bosnia and Croatia"
- "my little Travnik page"
- "Travnik The city of Mehmed II"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Travnik
- Transportation in Travnik
- Restaurants in Travnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Travnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Travnik
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Travnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Travnik
Photos in TravnikSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Sarajevo Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Slovenia Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Mostar Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Umbria 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stanjel Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Kobarid 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Travnik Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Pocitelj Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos