"La Digue - Remote Paradise of the Granite Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination La Digue by MikeAtSea
La Digue Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 294 photos
This is the third largest granite island in the Seychelles in terms of population since it is home to about 2000 people. It is a half hour trip from Praslin, or a three hour schooner from Mahe.
The pace of life is slow, about the same speed as its traditional way of transport - the ox cart. Very few cars are allowed on the island and bicycles are popular. They can be hired from various bicycle rentals at Anse Reunion or La Passe harbour.
Traditional and historical sites, combined with the spectacular granite formations and stunning remote beaches make this another paradise.
Most parts of the island can be reached in under an hour.
Among the birds one can encounter is the unique Seychelles black paradise flycathcer, one of the rarest birds in the world. In the distance, Praslin can be seen completing the pattern of islands.
On the island is a wonderful small church, called ‘The Lady of our Assumption’, which is about to celebrate its first... more travel advice
Beside the shallow waters of sand-fringed Anse Reunion, the island's main hotel, La Digue Island Lodge, has 60 rooms and... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
La Digue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "some of the best beaches I ever saw"
- "Back in time"
- "La Digue - Remote Paradise of the Granite Islands"
- "Divine La Digue"
- "La Digue, Seychelles"
- "La Digue"
- "La Digue - Seychelles's must visit location..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Digue
- Hotels in La Digue
- Transportation in La Digue
- Restaurants in La Digue
- Shopping in La Digue
- Warnings and Dangers in La Digue
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Digue
- 11 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to La Digue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Digue
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos