"Lüdenscheid - City of Light" Lüdenscheid by MikeAtSea
Lüdenscheid Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 150 photos
Lüdenscheid is a modern economic and service centre, and at the same time it is the social and cultural heart of the Märkischer Kreis. Good infrastructure and its ideal setting in the magnificent Mittelgebirge landscape guarantee a wide range of opportunities to the 81,000 inhabitants as well as to visitors.
The historic and carefully-restored old part of the town, with its romantic facades and cosy pubs and restaurants, attracts visitors from near and far. The Schillerbad brewery and pub, built in a former town swimming pool, is a meeting place for young and old.
The beautiful landscape, the Neuenhof castle - surrounded by water - and, not least, the wide range of leisure time activities on offer, add to the attraction of Lüdenscheid. Numerous sports and leisure centres, the indoor and outdoor swimming pools at Nattenberg, the swimming pool with its sauna and fitness room in the heart of the town, tennis courts, indoor riding arena with showground and a golf course just outside the town offer plenty of opportunities for sporting activities.
The Versetalsperre reservoir lies south of the town. The traffic-free paths - of which there are also many on the outskirts of the town - provide plenty of opportunities for extended and refreshing walks. Ideal for filling your lungs with oxygen. The Fuelbecker, Fürwigge and Jubach dams as well as the area around the Homert lookout tower (539 metres above sea-level) and the nearby Ebbegebirge range of hills are delightful destinations for outings, both in summer and winter.
Why Lüdenscheid is called the City of Lights I could discover in the Loher Wäldchen above the city centre of the town.
A beautiful piece of art combining the snow and the different colours of light made a marvellous winter wonderland.
Many other buildings are also coloured with lights.
Something I also learned during my visit to Lüdenscheid that the company Erco which is at home in the city manufactured... more travel advice
Since 1921 Siku Model Cars are one of the largest producers of modelled mini cars. Hence the MK number plate for the... more travel advice
- See All Lüdenscheid – Stern Centre
- Lüdenscheid – Open for all
- See All Loher Wäldchen – Festival of Snow &...
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Lüdenscheid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to the City of Lights"
- "Lüdenscheid - City of Light"
- "Ludenscheid, the City of Lights."
- "WYD05 - World Youth Day in MK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lüdenscheid
- Hotels in Lüdenscheid
- Transportation in Lüdenscheid
- Nightlife in Lüdenscheid
- Restaurants in Lüdenscheid
- Shopping in Lüdenscheid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lüdenscheid
- 25 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Lüdenscheid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lüdenscheid
Photos in LüdenscheidSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos