"Charming Baltic Resort Binz" Top 5 Page for this destination Ostseebad Binz by MikeAtSea
Ostseebad Binz Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 97 photos
Binz was first documented in 1318 as the fishing village of Byntze, is the largest health resort on the island of Ruegen and located at one of the most fascinating bays of the island called “Prorer Wiek”.
Flanked by the widespread forests of the “Schmale Heide” and the “Granitz” the town snuggles up to the reed-lined shores of the lake “Schmachter See” to the West while facing the Baltic Sea to the East.
Binz has a mild climate with an average of 1,872 hours of sunshine a year. A 3.2 km long beach promenade with villas in romantic spa architecture is ideal for long and leisurely walks.
The centre of the promenade is the “Kurhaus” translated the Spa House, the “Kurplatz” the spa square with the pavilion and the pergolas, as well as the pier constructed in 1994. The pier is 370 m long and the starting point for boat excursions along the chalk cliffs and to other places.
The town has changed its image dramatically since the times of the German Democratic Republic and now is a charming and most beautiful resort town nestled on Germany's largest island.
The former royal residence with its 29 small districts stretches the length of Rügen Bodden. As ordered by Prince... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Ostseebad Binz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Go beach in Binz!"
- "Ostseebad Binz"
- "A pearl in the necklace"
- "Welcome to BINZ"
- "Charming Baltic Resort Binz"
- "Binz Page"
- "Beauty at the Ostsee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ostseebad Binz
- Hotels in Ostseebad Binz
- Transportation in Ostseebad Binz
- Restaurants in Ostseebad Binz
- Warnings and Dangers in Ostseebad Binz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ostseebad Binz
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Ostseebad Binz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ostseebad Binz
Photos in Ostseebad BinzSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos