"In the heart of the Nurburg Race Course" Quiddelbach by MikeAtSea
Quiddelbach Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 9 photos
Quiddelbach is a pristine village with a unique location. Situated in the Eifel Region around 45 minutes drive from the former German capital Bonn the village is completely surrounded by the famous Nurburg Ring race course.
The village is set into a deep valley and surrounded by fields, hills and forests.
Except of a few bed and breakfasts there is little infrastructure here and one has to drive 10 km to the closest town Adenau to enjoy restaurants, bars and shops.
Yet it is the town of my family ancestry and my grandparents and parents decided to move to Quiddelbach some time ago - to sample tranquility and beautiful settings.
In the village there is little to do except enjoy walks in the surrounding forests and participate in the numerous annual events that are held on the Nurburg Racecourse, from Formula One to Truck Racing, Vintage Car Races to Rock Concerts.
The Start and Finish Area of the Race Course is some 10 minutes drive away and the entry for drives on the Nurburg Ring is also some 10 minutes away.
Quiddelbach also serves as a quiet gateway to all points of interest of the Eifel region and the Mosel, Rhine and Ahr Valley.
It is possible to drive your own car or motor bike on the Nürburgring. The route used is the Nordschleife with a length... more travel advice
The Eifel Region consists of plenty forested landscapes that are home to deer and wild boar as well as other game.... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Quiddelbach Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Quiddelbach
- Transportation in Quiddelbach
- Warnings and Dangers in Quiddelbach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quiddelbach
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Quiddelbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quiddelbach
Photos in QuiddelbachSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos