"Ceres the Garden Eden of the Cape" Ceres by MikeAtSea
Ceres Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 33 photos
The town is named after the Roman goddess of fruitfulness and is the centre of one of the most important deciduous fruit producing areas in the Western Cape, South Africa. Ceres is situated 140 km or 90 minutes´ drive from Cape Town. The town is surrounded by mountains, which shelter it completely from the prevailing South Easterly wind in summer. Ceres is fortunate to have more than 230 sunny days per year that makes it an ideal tourist destination.
Valley of fruitfulness.
The Mediterranean climate results in long, dry warm summers and wet, cold winters with sunny winter days in between the rainy ones. San rock Paintings, hiking trails, 4x4 routes, mountain bike routes, scenic drives, horse riding, fresh water fishing, fruit farm tours and cherry picking in season, nature and game reserves are some of the many attractions the area has to offer. The not so adventurous can relax with a glass of wine, watching the sunset over the valley of fruitfulness.
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Ceres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ceres the Garden Eden of the Cape"
- "Kagga Kamma"
- "Ceres - garden of Eden"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ceres
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Ceres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ceres
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos