"The Kruger National Park – Wildlife Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Kruger National Park by MikeAtSea
Kruger National Park Travel Guide: 666 reviews and 1,770 photos
The Kruger National Park is undoubtedly one of the most famous nature reserves in the world. At the same time it is one of the biggest and also oldest reserves. The reserve was started by Paul Kruger the president of the South African Republic, a former independent Boer Republic in 1898 as Sabie Reserve. Today the park has got an area of more then 2 Million hectares and is about the same size as Wales in Britain.
The park is home to the greatest variety of animals of any park in Southern Africa, with Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino in abundance as well as Cheetah, Giraffe, Hippo and many varieties of antelope and smaller animals. This enormous and magnificent park is one of the most popular public-entry game parks in the world. Its density of permanent game is unrivalled with hundreds of different species; 507 birds, 336 trees, 147 mammals, 114 reptiles, 49 fish and 34 amphibians!
However the parks infrastructure is highly developed, one finds paved roads which one cannot leave or sophisticated dust roads throughout the park, many camps in all areas of the park allow visitors to sleep inside the park, and one can find a post office a bank and even a golf course in the main camp of the Kruger National Park in Skukuza.
The parks size is over 350 km from North to South along the Mozambican border and at its widest stretch the park is 60 km wide, several private reserves are also adjacent to the Kruger Park.
Given the abundance of wildlife in the park one is almost at all times of the year guaranteed to see many animals and enjoy the great bio-diversity of this beautiful park.
However on almost every occasion when I visit the park I come across visitors who seem to forget that the animals are wild here and year after year accidents do occur, remember that you are in wildlife territory and behave as a guest here – with that in mind you certainly will have an unforgettable experience
Yes you have read right - the Kruger National Park Marathon - here you have the opportunity to run through the park - it... more travel advice
Flights to the Kruger National Park with SAA would land in Nelspruit, Mala Mala or Hoedspruit, the flight connections... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Kruger National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "*THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK* and the surrouding area"
- "Kruger National Park"
- "Kruger, the total wildlife experience..in comfort!"
- "Kruger National Park"
- "The Kruger National Park – Wildlife Paradise"
- "THE BIG FIVE ONE BY ONE"
- "NON-STOP WILDLIFE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kruger National Park
- Hotels in Kruger National Park
- Transportation in Kruger National Park
- Nightlife in Kruger National Park
- Restaurants in Kruger National Park
- Shopping in Kruger National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kruger National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kruger National Park
- 39 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Kruger National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kruger National Park
- Posted in Travel Durban Forum "Re: Dolphin Viewing In Umhlanga..."
- Wrote a Review Kruger Park Marathon in Kruger National Park Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kruger Park Marathon"
- updated a Kruger National Park Travel Page "The Kruger National Park – Wildlife Paradise"
- Commented on one of Jenniflower's Kruger National Park travel pages
Photos in Kruger National ParkSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos