"Praslin - Island of majestic bays and beaches" Top 5 Page for this destination Praslin by MikeAtSea
Praslin Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 199 photos
The second largest granite island of the Seychelles is Praslin, about 40 km from Mahe. By boat it takes about one hour or py plane 15 minutes to reach the island. The island has a population of about 6000 inhabitants. There are several excellent hotels, including the Lemuria Resort and the Chateau de Feullies. Praslin is not as mountainous as Mahe - the highest point being 330 metres - but it has similarly great granite outcrops surrounded by beautiful beaches, and a coral reef enclosing the crystal clear waters which are so typical of the Seychelles.
The majestic beaches and bays alternate with smaller ones on which even in a busy season one can believe one is the only person on the island.
Anse Volbert or Cote d'or to the east of the island, are particulary beautiful, with its pure white sand.
Fantastic granite masses form the striking backgrounds to the beaches of Anse Bois de Rose, Anse Boudin and Anse Kerlan, where the five-star Lemuria Resort has the only 18-hole golf course of the Seychelles.
At the northernmost tip of the island, Anse Lazio is excellent for both swimming and snorkelling. Grand Anse, on the west coast has an equally beautiful beach for azing about, but the waters are sometimes heavy with seaweed, and because it is so shallow, swimming is difficult at low tide.
One of hte eternal symbols of the Seychelles, the huge coco de mer nut grows in the Vallee de Mai forest of Praslin, also home of one of the world's rarest birds, the black parrot. It is one of the smallest World Heritage Sites on earth, and paths are well maintained for exploration of this unique nature.
Praslin has got a small but modern airport which offers direct flights from Praslin to Mahe. Charter flight connections... more travel advice
Another one of the magnificent beaches of the Seychelles in Anse Lazio in the far north of the island. The beach has... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Praslin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the Coco-de-mer, the largest nut on earth"
- "Praslin - Island of majestic bays and beaches"
- "Paradisaical Praslin"
- "Paradise - Second part"
- "Fantastic Hotel all around - Coco De Mer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Praslin
- Hotels in Praslin
- Transportation in Praslin
- Nightlife in Praslin
- Restaurants in Praslin
- Shopping in Praslin
- Warnings and Dangers in Praslin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Praslin
- 15 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Praslin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Praslin
Photos in PraslinSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos