"Lüderitz - German roots in the desert" Luderitz by MikeAtSea
Luderitz Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 14 photos
The hazy Atlantic-coast town of Lüderitz has immense appeal for its barren beauty and solitude. Many charming and fine buildings reveal its colonial history as the first German settlement in South West Africa. Goerke House is the most impressive and sits with an excellent view, on top of Diamond Hill. It is open to the public and well worth a visit for its fine Art Deco interior of stained glass and wood paneling.
The best view of Lüderitz and the working harbour is from the peninsula of land which juts out and helps to form one of the best natural harbours along the Namibian coast. Head south of Lüderitz along the coast to Diaz Point, where a big stone cross commemorates the Portuguese discovery of the area.
The Felsenkirche Evangelical Lutheran Church was consecrated in 1912 and built by German architects. Ironically the... more travel advice
Renowned as serving the best seafood restaurant in Luderitz, Ritzi’s is located on the waterfront complex and offers... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Luderitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Road To Luderitz"
- "Tiny German town in Africa"
- "Lüderitz - German roots in the desert"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luderitz
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Luderitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luderitz
Photos in LuderitzSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos