"St. Georges - Capital of the Spice Island" Saint George's by MikeAtSea
Saint George's Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 79 photos
With its panoramic views, cultural and historical experiences, pristine natural environment, and its warm and friendly people, it’s easy to understand why the British and the French competed so long for this little gem of an island.
Famous for its picturesque harbour settings, lush and green volcanic mountains and some magnificent beaches, and fabulous aromatic spices, St. Georges continues to captivate visitors from around the world.
Several of the attractive restaurants can be found along the beaches, and the shops are on the Carenage, the open harbour front. The narrow cobblestone streets of St. George’s are lined with buildings dating back to French and British times.
Visitors to the “Isle of Spice” can enjoy all the thriving rainforests, cascading waterfalls, blue lagoons, coral reefs, and secluded powder-white beaches that enchanted European colonists centuries ago and so many today.
The island offers beaches on both the Caribbean and Atlantic side, turquoise crystal clear waters and white sandy... more travel advice
Surrounding the old harbour of St. Georges a pretty waterfront lines around, with typical houses for the Caribbean. Some... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Saint George's Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Georges - Capital of the Spice Island"
- "Cruise Ship Port and CapitalTown"
- "CAPITAL OF GRENADA"
- "St. George's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint George's
- Hotels in Saint George's
- Transportation in Saint George's
- Restaurants in Saint George's
- Shopping in Saint George's
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint George's
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Saint George's?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint George's
Photos in Saint George'sSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos