"Bridgetown - Capital of vibrant Barbados" Top 5 Page for this destination Bridgetown by MikeAtSea
Bridgetown Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 209 photos
With a vibrant rhythm and rich culture, Bridgetown, located in the parish of St. Michael is, in fact, one of the oldest cities in the English speaking Caribbean and has amassed an impressive collection of historical buildings and landmarks.
Also known as the heartbeat of Barbados, it is famous for its wide array of world-renowned jewellery stores, boutiques, gift shops and souvenir shops and home to several banks, malls and restaurants.
The points of interest include Mutual Life Assurance Building, Heroes Square, the Nelson Statue, the Montefiore Fountain, the Parliament Buildings and the Wickham Lewis Boardwalk, where couples love to take photos with the Careenage as a backdrop.
In preparation for the Cricket World Cup 2007, which is being hosted by Barbados and several other islands of the British West Indies, the Government of Barbados is currently carrying out a major redevelopment project for the city.
One of the monuments on the National Monument Square is the statue of Errol Walton Barrow who as a national hero is also... more travel advice
Right in the heart of Barbados one can find the parliament buildings. The Barbados Parliament was established in 1639... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Bridgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Barbados"
- "Bridgetown - Capital of vibrant Barbados"
- "Next time, I'll hit the beach..."
- "The Capital"
- "The City"
- "Modern Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bridgetown
- Hotels in Bridgetown
- Transportation in Bridgetown
- Nightlife in Bridgetown
- Restaurants in Bridgetown
- Shopping in Bridgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Bridgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bridgetown
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Bridgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bridgetown
Photos in BridgetownSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos