"Novo Airão - Meeting the Pink Dolphins" Novo Airão by MikeAtSea
Novo Airão Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 20 photos
Novo Airão is situated on the Northern bank of the Rio Negro, a typical Amazonian town that is mainly a supply town for the surrounding regions. In early days this town was only connected to Manaus the capital by boat across the river, but in recent years the 14.000 or so inhabitants have access via a tarred road and a regular bus service to the capital of Amazonia - Manaus.
The main purpose of visiting here is to stock up on supplies and to swim with the "Boto's" the pink dolphins.
Else the town has got very little on offer except giving an impression of a typical Amazonian settlement.
There are piranhas in all the rivers and estuaries - but do you mind going to swim - a nice thought. But I learned if... more travel advice
The main airport of the Amazonas State is situated in Manaus. Flights from other parts of Brazil including Santarem,... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Novo Airão Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Novo Airão - Meeting the Pink Dolphins"
- "Nadando com os botos cor de rosa!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Novo Airão
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Novo Airão?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Novo Airão
Photos in Novo AirãoSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos