"Parintins - Along the Amazon River" Parintins by MikeAtSea
Parintins Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 15 photos
The town of Parintins is completely isolated from the rest of the State of Amazonas. The only way to this Amazon settlement of 50.000 inhabitants is by boat.
It is more or less the half way point between Manaus and Santarem and lives heavily on the passing passengers that are traveling up and down the Amazon River.
A few old colonial buildings, the market and other attractions can be found here, but I would not spend more then a few hours here - as I did passing by on my way to Manaus.
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
Parintins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " Parintins "
- "Parintins - Along the Amazon River"
- "Welcome to the Jungle - Parantins"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parintins
- Hotels in Parintins
- Transportation in Parintins
- Nightlife in Parintins
- Shopping in Parintins
- Warnings and Dangers in Parintins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parintins
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Parintins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parintins
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos