"P'aju - At the DMZ" P'aju by MikeAtSea
P'aju Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 126 photos
The city is located just south of Panmunjeom on the 38th parallel. To defend the Korean capital, Seoul, many US and Korean army bases are set up in the city. In 2002, the northernmost Korean railway station, Dorasan, was opened. North Korean territory and Kaesong City can be seen from Mount Dora in the city. This city also includes such landmarks like the DMZ, the Jayuro Road of Freedom, the Tongilro Road of Unification, also know as National Road No. 1.
P'aju is situated only 40 km North of Seol and is a propular tourist spot for those wanting to have a look across the DMZ to North Korea.
Remember visiting some of those areas you enter into the most militarized section on this planet - therefore restrictions apply!
The Peace Park include various monuments such as the Peace Bell, the Peace Garden, the Imjingang River Battle Memorial... more travel advice
Close to the 3rd Tunnel one can find the DMZ Welcome Centre and a small museum that explains and shows all aspects of... more travel advice
MikeAtSea's Related Pages
P'aju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Demilitarized Zone"
- "P'aju - At the DMZ"
- "Favorite Stop of DMZ/Panmunjeom Tours"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in P'aju
- 10 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to P'aju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in P'aju
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 80 reviews, 162 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 82 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 67 reviews, 77 photos
- Sydney Intro, 57 reviews, 71 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 49 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos
- Moscow Intro, 29 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 34 reviews, 72 photos