"A Visit to Mycenae" Mycenae by hquittner
Mycenae Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 304 photos
Mycenae is one of the oldest examples of a Bronze Age fortress in Europe. It developed between the 17C BC and the 11C BC and then was destroyed. The site is now mostly stone walls and bases and many grave goods including much gold now exhibited in the National Museum in Athens. The initial discoveries were made by Heinrich Schleimann starting in 1874.
The largest and most recent tholos tomb at Mycenae is called the Tomb of Agamemnon, although it was built at least 200... more travel advice
The main part of the palace is set upon a plateau at the top of triangular hill, 278 m high. The plateau is roughly 320... more travel advice
hquittner's Related Pages
Mycenae Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ancient Mycenae"
- "Sharrie's Mykinai Mycenae"
- "THE ANCIENT ACROPOLIS OF MYCENAE"
- "Agamemnon's Citadel"
- "The Great Mycenae Acropolis"
- "Where ancient kings rest"
- "A Visit to Mycenae"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mycenae
- Hotels in Mycenae
- Transportation in Mycenae
- Restaurants in Mycenae
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mycenae
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Mycenae?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mycenae
Photos in MycenaeSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 226 reviews, 938 photos, 5 travelogues
- Autun Intro, 17 reviews, 356 photos, 2 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 45 reviews, 207 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 34 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chartres Intro, 32 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 34 reviews, 145 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 31 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 34 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 33 reviews, 121 photos